Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drops of God [Apple]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

A full bodied competition that will keep you guessing with every sip.

So long as it goes somewhere! Looks like it could get a bit supernatural.

Already shown in France from this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15282746/releaseinfo/

19 Ratings. Bunch of em 10/10. Two of em 1/10. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15282746/ratings/

Wonder if they were actual viewers.

1: So this is really well made. Each scene, in Japan, feels like it has had a lot of work put in. I don't have the first clue about wine but there's a lot of intensity about relationships, grief and family that reminds me of how some anime shows have gotten across those types of feelings.

I'm not sure if there's going to be something more than just tasting/wine tasting as a central thing in the show though. So while it might feel really well made, it might not pull in a huge audience.

The opening scenes in the bar in France felt the weakest but they did give some exposition on the lead actress.

2: Learning so much about wine! 😲

Anyway, that episode was brilliant!

That last moment! Hilarious! I burst out laughing! 😁

The whole episode building up tension and then diffused right there. Ah! Just right. Brought my memory back to the Sicario Border scene for tension diffusion.

Well done!

Oh and.. 😀

Up Yours! · Christian Perret

Well.. that's the intro three episodes... not sure what to make of it. Am I really just watching a show about wine tasting? 😀

3: This one felt a bit soap opera-ey early on .. then kinda dark at the end.

Not sure what's going on. Seems like Issei is gonna clinch it. Though how he figures it out isn't as clear as Camiles way

Why am I still watching this show about wine?! 😀

4: I'll say this much though, the writer/director has a great way of getting me emotionally invested in an hour long episode to then just hit with a last second punchline. I did kinda blurt a chuckle right at the end there 🙂

• Advertisement

5: Well. I'd call this one the "fallout" episode. All kinds of fallout.

I wonder are they angling towards half-bro half-sis getting together and sharing..

6: Still watching this.. 😦 Still mostly about wine tasting...

Any wine drinkers watching it? Is it enjoyable for some wine reason?

Anyway..

That bit at the end, felt like

He might have been trying to set her up to be motivated to try win the third challenge out of anger. I dunno

7: Well. Still about wine tasting 😲😀 .. I guess her maybe-superpower is kinda interesting .. I guess.. not sure.

Their interaction at the end was kinda good

Tomine seemed to be trying to use the superpower there. I think he'll be alright in this story in the end, guess he'll share about bro/sis and whoever wins will split the money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm also not well up on wine. Just watched this one. There is something here about abandonment as well.

Finished! Well.. that seemed a grand live action adaption of a manga though I've not seen/read the manga so I don't know how faithful it was. It was good to see a well made live action production. An example for others to follow. I'd say the story itself isn't the biggest draw.. a wine competition, wine tasting, wine info and some interpersonal family stories. My guess would be that probably wine fans might like it. It did seem very big into it's wine lore 🙂 I never felt pulled in but maybe the right fans would.

8: Well, that wrapped up the story anyway. I thought it was alright.

I think it was one of the earlier episodes where I started guessing they'd end up splitting it anyway. I liked that moment between Tomine and his father at the end. They really let the mother have it though on the other side.

Future: Ehhhhhh.... I doubt it. I think it told it's story. I think they'd be reaching if they tried another season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm slowly getting back to this. It's been renewed for a second season, btw.

Enjoyed this, helped a little by the beautiful Italian countryside. The characters were not just competitive with each other, but within their own heads. Drops of God, I feel, also refers to the things that bind us, including the parts that sting.

Advertisement