Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT Advisory

• 04-04-2023 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

Polo 2005 passed NCT today but see as Advisory...... (but not mentioned by tester). All rear lights including number plate (2 lights) and high level LED Brake Strip all looking perfect to me anyway. There is only one reversing light on this car and no fog lights but advisories for both side rear lamps seem to indicate something missing from both sides?.

Visual Defects.

Items Description Reason Location

Rear Lamps Defective or Missing multiple light/light source Up to 50% not functioning Offside Rear ADVISORY

Rear Lamps Defective or Missing multiple light/light source Up to 50% not functioning Nearside Rear ADVISORY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Advisory means You have multiple bulbs making up one light, and some of them have blown.

Far as I know Polo tail lights don’t work like that though…

Are they LED rear lights by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

No, I have 1X21W (Indicator), 1X21W (Brake), 1X5W (running light) in each cluster, additionally, 1X21W (I think) reversing in offside cluster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭Dirty Nails

There's something odd about that. Unless it's a Jap it has to have at least one rear fog since late 90s. I'd have said Fog offside,reverse nearside. Were the lamps upspeced on that/got a smack on the ass & it got LHD lights by mistake? Or were they smoked & tester thinks they're too dim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

Your quite correct and so were the NCT in their "50%" comment. Don't know if you can see my labels in the photo but the top twin filament consists of a 21W & a 5W, the 21W is the Brake, the 5W is the parking light, side light etc that comes on with any combination of the light switch and if light switch off but indicator on, left ot right with key out of ignition acts as a parking light, one side only, this 5W works together with the 5W immediately below it to give 10W so if one blows there is still a 5W light in that rear cluster, clever enough, I never knew it worked that way, NCT were correct because the nearside 5W bulb was blown so only "50%" on this side although it stated both sides and you were correct because even though no front foglights, when the light switch is pulled out in the full light position then this lights up the Offside 21W bottom left bulb and this bulb is the reverse light in the Nearside cluster. Bottom right 21W red bulb is the indicator.

I'd say the rear fog light was never on in the 18 years that this car has been in the family but then I rarely drive it.

Advertisement