Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Employed - A1 Form

Options
  • 05-04-2023 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I will be working all over Europe for a couple of months soon.

I have been asked to provide an A1 cert (or PDA1) which I am filling out a form for at the moment. I just became self employed last year but have not done much work due to caring for someone.

In registering myself as self employed/a sole trader, what exactly do I have to do? I used to work for a company for years and so I assume am already tax registered. I will just go under my own name so don't need to register a fancy name. I don't need to register for VAT. So what else do I have to do?

On the Employer Details section of the A1 form,I'm asked for company employer number, company registration number, neither of which I have. Is that something you get when registered as a sole trader, or would that just be for a limited company?

Thanks in advance.

Zak.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

If you are self employed, the easiest way to work with revenue here is through www.ros.ie

So go there and set up an account if you haven't done so, can take a bit of verification.

You'll be submitting returns there online and getting notification in your Revenue Record section etc

There's a MyEnquiries which can be a bit slow but who generally will reply.

Have you a business name, trading entity? I set up a business name using https://www.cro.ie/Registration/Business-Name years ago and use the number on this when asked for company registration number etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Thanks for your reply.

I have an account set up on ros.ie already.

I won't need a business name so won't need to go near cro.ie I assume as i'll be just using my own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CloudShellBurrito

I'm also having this problem. I have an account set up already with ROS and need to complete an A1 form.

Advertisement