Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calf ate baler twine

Options
  • 05-04-2023 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

I left a piece of baler twine up on a gate this morning, forgot about it and it’s gone this evening. No where around the ground. My guess is a calf has taken it down the hatch, I can narrow it down to a group of 5. It’s the orange twine from a square bale. They are all ok this evening. Is it likely something will happen as a result? They are 1-2 months old and eating a bit of straw/silage so able to chew the cud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭morphy87

I had a two year old bullock eat a twine last Christmas and I also had another eat twine last year and I had no problems, maybe a calf might be different, I now leave none where they can get it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I know of a cow that broke a plastic bolus applicator in her mouth and swallowed it. She **** it out on the slats that winter.

Thought she would have perforated her lining and been a goner.

Advertisement