Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i Rent or sell my house

Options
  • 06-04-2023 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

HOME› TALK TO...› BOARDS.IE› BOARDS.IE HELP & FEEDBACK› FORUM REQUESTS›LANDLORDS

×Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

Bookmark

Options

Landlords

good vibes

Registered Users

Hi.

Im a home owner -( no mortgage ).. Im moving to Spain and id like to rent my house.. Is this a bad idea in the current housing market ? Would it be better to sell ?

Id like to rent if possible but id be concerned if i did tenents wouldn't leave if i wanted to return in a couple of years .

Im just concerned i could be walking into lot of trouble if i rented out my house in the housing crisis as it is ?..

Any info be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Sell Sell Sell

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭good vibes

Renting is that bad of an idea huh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭victor8600

You have to pay taxes (some people think that this is unfair). If you get a bad tenant, you could be without the rent for many months and then face a clean up bill after they leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,984 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Have you considered the extra cost of getting someone to look after the tenancy while you are in Spain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I think it really depends where it is and how you will manage it. I'm in the market for a rental in Waterford.

So, if by chance it's around that area please send me a PM?

"Id like to rent if possible but id be concerned if i did tenents wouldn't leave if i wanted to return in a couple of years".

You answered your own question.

Sell it, because the way things are going, you might not get the house back when you want it, anyway. Not without a battle.

Many threads like this in the Accommodation and Property forum.

Its in North Dublin

Advertisement