Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn In Need Of Some TLC

Options
  • 06-04-2023 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just done my second cut of my back lawn and it is in serious need of some attention.

It is full of weeds (see photo) and moss.

Can I get some guidance as to:-

a) removing the weeds

b) re-seeding

Also, the garden is south-facing and about a 6' portion of it is in constant shade and there is virtually no growth. Is there anything I can do with this?

Tommy

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how old is the lawn? i.e. is it part of a recent new build? could be compacted soil leading to bad drainage.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭pinkfloydian

It's 40 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Your first step is a good application of feed, weed and mosskiller, perfect time of year for it. Works best when no rain forecast for a couple of days. You can then oversow any bare patches after a couple of weeks.

Advertisement