Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockathon 2023

Options
  • 07-04-2023 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw this.

Anyone been before?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sorry was going to comment on something but changed my mind hence three dots as you can't erase comment.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I've been twice and going again this year. For me, its a great, easy day out. The set up is small, the crowd is mostly older people (men)! Camping was great craic and there was a good sense of people being sound! Looking forward to it again, especially if the weather was like last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Looks like the sun cream is going to be called on for this. Promised around 20 degrees.

Should be a great day out. I'm going to sign up for it now. And can get a bus back into town - arriving back around 12 I presume (due to leave fairyhouse at 11). €100 all in for gig ticket and the bus ticket. Not bad value considering the ticket prices that are being charged these days for some mediocre gigs.

Presume there is no chance of bringing in cans to main gig area, and we will get fleeced for buying some plss like Rockshore or Carlsberg.

• Advertisement

Bringing cans in was very simple last year. May be different this year, but hopefully not!

ok. Thanks. From pictures that I have seen, the gig area doesn't seem to be out in the grassy area. But seems to be in front of the main building. Looks like it only holds about 1000 people. I pictured something of a larger scale, but I guess it doesn't really matter if we have good music, nice weather, decent beer etc.

You are correct. The camping is on the grass, and the stage is in front of the stand (non track side) and the smaller stage is one of the tote halls. Certainly compact but its a great day out. People brought camping chairs with them last year so might be an option. I just sat on the main stand for a beer between sets.

Sounds good.

Sorry for asking the obvious question, but what are the main drinks on sale. I am just asking cause I am really sick of drinking Rockshore at gigs this year. Bus leaving Dublin at one so will miss the Nirvana tribute. But should get from Ac/Dc onwards at 4.

4 bells to 11 is a good day out.

I honestly cant remember. There were beer vans outside and then the normal beer in the tote halls but by the time I left the campsite, beer was beer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Surely Clonmel Champagne is Soup du Jour at a gig like this??!!

Looks like a good day out. Hadn't heard of this before. Hope it stays going for a few years, would be a nice one to bring the smallies to and introduce them to some live loud noise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

did anyone go ?

Opinions?

I was there and it was another fantastic day. Very chilled crowd, very friendly campsite. Beer was Bud or 5 lamps (both piss) but little difficulty in bringing cans in from campsite as far as I could tell.

Advertisement