Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Leaf 2nd Gen

• 07-04-2023 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭

Someone in the family is looking at a 2019 Leaf Tekna, 40kwh battery and what better place to get some real feedback.

Going to see the car tomorrow and was wondering what should we look out for?

I already have my obd reader and leafspy pro downloaded to check the real battery SOH, but what other things can be wrong with these and we should definitely check while there?

Anything major to just walk away from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Exactly the same checks as the Gen 1 Leaf. Aside from normal mechanical checks such as brakes, suspension, steering etc, you should check for what you plan to anyway....SOH. They are a pretty faultless car and the rear axel issue on the Sunderland cars was sorted by the time the 30kWh version was available, so you are safe.

I would only walk away from clear signs of crash repair, especially if the car was first registered outside of ROI.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I suppose these numbers are about right for a car this age

But the mileage here is wrong, the odo of the car shows about 32000 miles, not sure why it's off

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

sounds like Leafspy ODO in miles and car in Kms

Well the number does match in kms but also this so 🤷‍♂️

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Got to remember that lead spy is a hack in. It may not be 100%.

But the mileage should not all add up in the km/m conversions.

• Advertisement

Yeah who knows, maybe there's some settings in the app itself for kms/mls, didn't really change anything more like plugged it all in and did a quick read.

20k miles would be better than 32k for sure 😂

But yeah the app is a hack so it won't be 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭staples7

Hey all,

Just asking for a work friend:

Whenever I charge my car at work I can reach the 11kw output (Have a mode Y but had an ID4 before that and its been the same). However his new leaf will max out at 6kw or just over.

Anyone know why this would be, are they limited?

Thanks

The max AC charging capacity on the Leaf is 6kW.

DC max is 50kW.

Other EVs have higher AC capability up to 22kW...such as Teslas.

Older Leafs only went up to 3kW with optional upgrade from factory to 6kW.

In fairness, the thinking was that most folks would be using home chargers on single phase which max out at 7kW.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭staples7

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pron

Note, the 62kWh Leaf charges at (up to) 100kW on Chademo

• Advertisement

That's news to me. I wonder if there were more than a hanful 62kWh models sold here. The price was not competitive with other manufacturers. Considering there is no active cooling on the Leaf, I wouldn't want to be charging at speeds above 50kW, but still good to know.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

I sold mine to a dealership, but had tried it out on a few 150kW chargers and it maxed at about 55kW. A better charge curve than the 40kWh but still fairly slow. There was value getting them secondhand in 2021 when I got mine and Covid had the market depressed for sellers. Now advertised for 34.5k after it being 39k for a while...

Yeah the 62kwh leaf prices are a joke alright, especially in the South.

Hell they charge like 10k extra for the dog water 40kwh version with no extras in the South, clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

I know. A new for M3 for less than 40k....Looks like Nissan, Ford, etc are pretty royally fu$%ed now as the big T continues to scale up. Only BYD and Koreans can compete and bad news for the European market. At least Tesla manufacture in Europe and mean a future for US automobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Cannot see the Koreans competing. The base Ioniq 6 is starting at about €49k for 151hp and 429km wltp. And poorly equipped compared with the competition (eg cloth seats and hard plastics). Might see deals, eg low interest, good trade ins etc, but cannot see them and others dropping their prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭cannco253

Anyone ever have a problem with the manual driver seat not sliding forwards/backwards in their leaf?

seat stuck in the fully back position and won’t slide forward. Nothing obvious under the seat or in the tracks.

I doubt it's Leaf or even Nissan specific. Check if the latch is lifting when you pull the lever. If th latch is OK, the problem is likely to be a foreign object, such as a coin or debris. If you can't see the blockage, you need to take the seat out. Note there is a cable for the seat belt sensor you need to unclip before undoing the rail bolts an removing the seat for full access to the rails.

Stay Free

Advertisement