Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for activation FTTH?

Options
  • 07-04-2023 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I got FTTH installed under the NBI with eir.

Everything is installed and all lights are on the router, apart from Internet connected light. I contacted eir today and they said all is good and that the activation takes usually 48 hours, which would make it tomorrow before it works.

Has anyone else had the same experience? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭RobiePAX

In most cases should be activated within 48 hours as you said. Your order needs to be fully completed before it goes live.

Though I'm unsure how BH weekend may affect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

My internet was working as soon as the engineer did the install. He checked everything was working before he left. Digiweb are my provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Thanks all. Finally got a definitive answer. The fulfillment team never activated my account before close of business on Thursday evening. It'll be Tuesday at the earliest before activation takes place.

Advertisement