Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWANS - THE ACADEMY - AUGUST 21

Options
  • 07-04-2023 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭

They have a fierce live reputation and when this music is transferred to the live setting it makes for a remarkably intense experience. 

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/swans

Post edited by sxt on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Great gig from Swans once again. My 5th or 6th time seeing them and yet to be disappointed.

Given the mellower nature of the past two albums i suppose it was never going to be the brutal assault of the previous incarnation of the band but they still had their moments. I thought it was the quietest Swans gig i've been to. Not that it wasn't loud mind you, but the volume was only noticeable on the louder parts. I did miss the segues from one song to another but that's a minor quibble.

A mate of mine seeing them for the first time said afterwards that it wasn't a gig but an experience. One that he loved. I've always said you don't go to Swans for entertainment or a night out but for an experience, so at least one person agrees with me!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

I've just typed a message to a friend 5 mins ago and said to him:

" I wouldn't simply call it a gig more like a ritual. Unique and def memorable"

Jesus it was loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Seventh time I've seen them since The Seer reunion and probably the quietest though, as said above, the maelstrom got going a few times! Had earplugs in for long spells as have a touch of tinnitis. Impressed by the size of the crowd and the attention paid.

Advertisement