Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thread closed. why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

To show you that they can.

There seems to be little understanding by a some mods that boards is basically is content generator: closing threads stops more content being created, which isn't actually meeting the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Seems like a perfectly normal AH thread to me.

Thread closures like that, when there's been a very noticeable decline in posts across the site, are just more nails in the coffin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Usually, when a thread is closed, the first step is to try and discuss the reason why the thread was closed with the mod in question. In this case, it would seem that the mod who closed the thread is @JupiterKid so I would suggest starting there and see how things go.

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

I was afraid to lest I break a rule by messaging a mod.

Fvck this shyt site.

You cant even write sht or fck.

Fvcking playpen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The two newest AH/CA mods are a bit quick on the close thread button tbh. Too quick.

While the above thread wasn't ever going to be the most enlightening or high brow, it was not likely to require a lot of moderation either. It wasn't going to end up acrimonious, more likely it would have died quickly of natural causes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

There’s definitely no rule against sending a PM to a moderator, in particular if it’s someone who took mod action on a thread or a post of yours. I would again advise you to send a PM to the mod who closed the thread and see how things go.

Upon considering the substance of this thread, I have moved it to the Help Desk, as it is regarding the action of a particular moderator and not moderation in general.

-Shield

Mod:

@anewme and @greencap I have deleted your sniping at each other. Let’s keep it civil here please and thanks.

-Shield

Mod:

@[Deleted User] Your post has been deleted as it was off topic from the OP

-Shield

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement