Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower for father

Options
  • 08-04-2023 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi all,

Thought this may be the best place to post this but feel free to move or correct me if wrong.

Looking to buy a lawnmower for my father. He’s 60 this year and also his current one is on the way out. Lawn is reasonably large, roughly 750sqm. Would like a ride on but realise that for a budget of €1,000 it may not be advisable, even at second hand.

What would be the best for this sort of budget and a lawn this size? All lawn is fairly flat and even

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

That's really not big enough to scream ride on. I'm mid 60s and have about 900sq Mt of lawn. I got a new Honda petrol mower tree years ago, after the last one had lasted 34 years, and it's a pleasure to use. Mulching option and a drive on it takes the hassle out of mowing the lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭shane b

1000 Euro would get you a decent self propelled walk behind lawnmower in a number of brands. A 20 or 21 inch cut would be suited to that lawn size.

We bought a Honda 536 VYE last year and very happy with it. The honda roto stop means it a bit easier to start as you dont have to try and rotate the blade and engine together. We were looking at electric start models but found the honda roto stop a good compromise.

Monaghan hire also have a good website and good range of lawnmowers for comparison

Advertisement