Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast, long distance, e bike

Options
  • 08-04-2023 6:42pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for an ebike, should cover at least 100km but preferably more and a minimum assisted speed of 45kmph. It is for work (not on public roads) but would like the option of something that gets some small exercise in rather than a quad or motorbike.

Any options out there? Open to delimiting etc as it won't be on open roads but want a battery and assist that can handle that distance and speed as I can't return to base. Found a few different bikes like a Cannondale Topstone but don't know if that will last long enough if its delimited.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm not sure if Ireland has legislated for them yet but many EU countries now have big numbers of speed pedelecs on the road, particularly for longer commutes. You need a licence (car or moped), helmet, lights, mirrors and insurance (which will probably be the killer here). Think you might even pay a small road tax. Many brands do them but Stromer is probably the place to look first

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Cheers, not for road use, for smooth agricultural laneways but if they ever become road legal I'd certainly consider registering it. The 180km Stormer looks like it could be a winner. It really is the distance that is the issue for most brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Hope the/a business is buying because those prices are eye-watering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

None of us are going to fall for this "work" excuse, this is clearly a plan for Gorey 2024😉

• Registered Users Posts: 37 osiri

I think Greenaer sell Riess and Muller ebikes with speeds of up to 45kmh and dual integrated batteries. Pricy enough as you can imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PringleDemon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

@ pogosupport - do not post in this forum any more until you get your clearance from the head office. if you attempt to post again you'll get a ban.

Advertisement