Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threatened by my neighbour and terrified

Options
  • 08-04-2023 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10 flint121

Hi guys. Hope everyone is well

I live with my grandmother in a quiet enough area in South Dublin. We and the neighbours are having terrible trouble with a Polish guy renting on our road. He blares music all day and night, does drugs and deals openly in the front garden and verbally abuses me when I walk past. Sometimes I wouldn't leave the house for weeks on end because id be so afraid. The neighbours, my grandmother and myself have informed his landlord 100 times but she doesn't care. She has done absolutely nothing about it.

On Thursday things took a sinister turn. I went out with a friend for dinner and after we were waiting for the bus home. I saw this polish neighbour walking towards me, he squared up to me and he started screaming and shouting at me, telling me I'm dead, he's going to rape me, shoot me, I'm a rat etc etc

I'm absolutely petrified and I havent slept since. I genuinely know he is dangerous enough to carry out these threats. His friends and family that call to the house where he lives are dangerous. His brother glassed a poor guy in the face for no reason and went to jail for it.

I reported what happened to the guards but I haven't made a statement yet as when i make a statement they have to arrest him, detain and question him and im afraid it will make him angrier and God knows what he would do then

I really dont know what to do i am so afraid. You hear alot on the news recently, woman being murdered by men

Thank you for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭chrisd2019

If all is as you write, you should be in the Garda station making a statement, no need to be delaying the matter. How he reacts afterwards is the Garda's responsibility to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 flint121

Thanks. Yes all is as a write. My friend was with me and plenty of witnesses. Guards also has cctv

First off, giving a statement to gardai does not mean they have to arrest him. It means what you have said goes on record. I would strongly recommend you make the statement. You never know, your statement might be the straw that breaks the camels back and gets him dealt with properly. Does he threaten other people in the neighbourhood?

No he hasn't threatened anybody else. As far as I know. I don't know what he hates me so much. He is a heavy heavy drug user and severe mental problems. The house he is renting was raised recently as the neighbours called the guards on him for drug use, dealing etc

The raided the house but found very little

*raided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You can make a third party complaint to the rtb. That's what should have happened rather than contacting the landlord directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,242 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Go the AGS, they are here to serve and protect, hope all works out

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Goto gardai

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

I do t understand what you thinj a board that deals with disputes between landlords and tenants will do about a drug addict that threatens people

Op where in Dublin are you? have you no mates that can have a word ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They deal with complaints against tenants by third parties and can force landlords to act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Can you put up some cameras in your house , they can be cheap enough and easy to set up . Not to record him, I wouldnt be pointing any cameras towards him or his house let the guards worry about that.

I would also report what he done to the guards. Can your neighbours do the same . Someone thats opening dealing from his front garden should be easily caught.

Can you add extra locks to your door , deadbolt .

Could you go to your local TD with letter from all your neighbours if the guards cant do anything ?

I would be putting pressure on everything and everyone to get this resolved before something bad happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭dobman88

How do they have the cctv if you haven't reported it? Should report it ASAP.

Advertisement