Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to disable 5 GHz wifi signal on a virgin media 6 router temporarily?

Options
  • 09-04-2023 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Seeking expert counsel

I've several devices that will only work/connect to a 2.4 GHz signal.

I tried logging into my new router and the option to disable the 5 GHz wifi signal appears to be greyed out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Used to be able to give 2.5 and 5 different sids(names) too allow different devices connect to either freq.

Why is greyed out I have idea. Sounds like it's turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

I have cameras operating on a Virgin HUB 3.O router,

There should be a tab with the following details.

You will get a homepage for the router. on the underside of the router you will find the following details.

WIFI SSID

WIFI PASSORD

SETTINGS PASSWORD

ADVANCE SETTINGS

WIRELESS SIGNAL

You can disable the 5 GHz siginal from here,

I have RING Cameras working woth both the 2.5 and 6 GHz switched on,

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ie2023

Under Advanced - Wireless - Wireless Signal

I see an option to disable 2.4 or 5G independently.

But then under Security I see an option to change the SSIDs independently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

As above just add a 2 to the end of the 2.4Ghz name and 5 to the 5Ghz one. I've done this in the in laws house as the Firestick in the back room kept losing connection to the 5Ghz so I connected it to the 2.4Ghz.

Advertisement