Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K2 vs K3 Soul EV?

• 09-04-2023 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

The e-Soul stopped selling in Ireland in 2022; still sold in UK. I was wondering does anyone know the difference between the K2 trim and the K3 trim? I’ve seen K2 and K3 without the exterior door trim, so was wondering what’s different on the inside that justifies the €1,500 price differential? Is it just the seats? K2 still has the Qi charger, so I know that’s the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Looks like KIA UK has 39 and a 64 KWh versions. No mention of K2 or K3 specs in there as they are now Urban (small battery) and Explore (large battery). I think I saw a YouTube video with a K2 before and it had a smaller main screen, no HUD and no rear seat centre armrest, but not sure about the remainder of the specs.

The K3 seems to have a nice amount of kit and I doubt the 2nd hand price will be that different anyway. Just make sure you are checking the kerb weight of the cars if you are looking for the bigger battery version. The 64KWh one is obviously the heavier of the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭irelandjnr

I think I saw a YouTube video with a K2 before and it had a smaller main screen, no HUD and no rear seat centre armrest, but not sure about the remainder of the specs.

That sounds like the differences which equate to €1.5K. Armrest; HUD; larger screen (10” v 8”); better seating.

K2 could potentially be missing heated seating and heated wheel also.

I believe the K2 models still have the larger battery because apparently when “Soul” is written in red it means the larger battery and when written in white that means smaller battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I have seen a few of the smaller battery models sold here. Their Soul badge is silver, I believe.

I couldn't do without heated seats, at any rate. I'm going to look at a Soul tomorrow so I'll see if it suits for me. Plenty of them about for around the 30k mark at the moment. Seems like good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

I have one for sale atm, cheapest K3 around with 35k k km, selling as got MY recently

https://www.adverts.ie/car/kia/soul/2020-kia-soul/29764975

Advertisement