Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 11 Home Cant upload images to Facebook

Options
  • 10-04-2023 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭

Bought a Lenovo laptop for my father. All good until about 3 days ago.

But now when I try to upload images to facebook (newsfeed and PM). All the image data uploads over the wireless adapter but it looks like the posting process just does not complete.

Facebook is stuck on the posting screen with the circle animation rotating. I have left this for up to an hour but no success. It takes seconds on other android and windows 10 devices connected to the same home network.

Things Ive tried:

• 4 different browsers (chrome, firefox, edge, brave) with all data, cache etc cleared and all extensions disabled.
    • Turned off all antivirus, windows firewall settings.

For some reason really small images will post. <500kb file size. I know facebook resizes bigger images anyway so not sure why this matters.

Like I said other devices / PCs have no problems so all I can think of at the moment is its something related to Windows 11.

My father loves photography. He was posting maybe 10+ images per day on facebook so this is a real pain for him. Even a workaround for now would be great.

Edit: we can successfully upload the exact same images as email attachments using MS livemail (hotmail) in Chrome. Im totally stumped.

Any suggestions?

Post edited by jj880 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Have you tried changing the file names? Sometimes I find that Facebook chokes on long file names or the inclusion of to many non-alphanumeric characters within a file name.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭jj880

Just tried alphanumeric only 10 characters. No luck.

Its so strange. Im thinking Windows 11 might have some kind of preinstalled bloatware or services running causing it but cant seem to find anything.

Tried upload with a facebook album to see if I could get round it. This image has a file size of 6.28mb. It gets this far on upload and freezes. Looks to be about 33% completed.

Other similar size images upload the same amount (in relation to file size) then freeze. Ive tried at least 10 images. Same issue.

Edit: his laptop does not freeze. Just the upload. When this happens he can switch to another browser tab and carry on. The upload just never completes.

Im at a loss really as to whats causing this on his laptop only other than what Ive said already. i.e. Windows 11 related. Not even sure what software (network tool?) would help to debug this.

Using a mobile phone hotspot worked no problem. So I thought maybe interference between laptop and router but still didn't work when I put laptop beside router. I factory reset router. Still same issue. All other devices have no trouble with this router so something in this laptop or windows 11 does not like the router (Huawei HG659) supplied by Vodafone. So dad is using mobile hotspot for now but that is not viable long term so need to sort this out. Very strange.

Laptop WIFI card is Intel Wifi 6 AX201 160MHZ.

Post edited by jj880 on

Advertisement