Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1. Cyber Security roles without coding or scripting requirements & 2. CISM vs CISSP?

• 10-04-2023 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

1. I am in my 40s, and my background is in IT Support and manual QA - around 10+ years. I doesnt have any coding or scripting skills or experience, even though I have done academic s/w dev projects and know concepts like OOPS etc. Which cybersecurity roles would suit me?
    2. Considering the above which certification would suit me better - CISM vs CISSP certification? I have CompTIA Security+ and CySA+ certifications already.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭Daith

It depends on the role. A lot of cyber security roles will be more about threat hunting, incident response, etc. This might/probably require scripting skills. Some roles are more "organisation security", adhering to various standards, risk analysis, etc. This tends to be what standard Windows Sys Admins move on to. Some might need both.

CISM and CISSP are helpful. CISM for more the managerial side though. Lots of people have both though.

It really depends on the role tbh.

Advertisement