Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Augusta National Golf Club

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,910 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

When did that come in - and what is the process to try change that ?

If you can't raise questions about wealth and sources of income in the current world of golf - that is a very strange, considering the significance of that to golf at present ?

This thread is about that very issue - as we are talking about Augusta National Golf Club - the most exclusive golf club in the world. So it is fairly fundamental to the topic .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I’d back up Fix on this. When and why was that added.

Golf and money are intrinsically linked, it’s almost impossible to have any meaningful discussion about the future of golf with our it. Be that the rolling back of the ball or LIV. As both arguments for and against will rely heavily on lobbying by companies and entities with financial skin in the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

It was discussed and agreed with all moderators lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I wasn't aware that the Augusta members entertained the winner to a gala dinner on Sunday evening, obviously after the indoor and outdoor green jacket ceremonies.

One thing caught my eye in the report on pgatour dot com - Rahm said of the hooley....

“It was incredible,” said Rahm. “They showed me a collage of pictures of the whole week. To be able to take pictures with the members and be there and be considered one of them is quite special."

https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/latest/2023/04/12/jon-rahm-eyes-jacket-double-at-rbc-heritage

Faldo or Player needs to take him aside and advise him that when it comes to playing rights, Rahm will quickly find that he is not quite 'one of them'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Does that include prize money, sponsorship, appearance money ? Or even college scholarships?

Just curious so I don’t get banned for talking about golf stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Break80

Better not mention the fiver side bet at the society outings anymore.

Can I ask - can we appeal this change to the forum ?

And how do and where we ask this ?

Issues like this and closing of threads are killing the forum. Even the likes of this thread - and how important it is with the LIV and PGA issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rick gave a decent description of his round even if playing from forward tees. I suppose when the fairways are 40 yards wide with no rough it isn't going to play too difficult.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Forum is a joke .

Cant talk about money when liv is basically a sports washing golf tour

OK...we will have to try lobby a change of this..

The idea that golfers should be morons and incapable of challenging anything and lack an ability of an ethical opinion on anything is something we need to challenge...it does not exist in any SM or professional environment....

This has no validity at any other forum on boards....

I think golf at this stage needs an open forum...it is changing and It is not right if we are not part of that......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I've looked for the appeal process but being honest can't find it on "new Boards" so have reached out to other Mods to assist here.

In the meantime can I ask all to keep to existing Charter, there is no Moderator intent to label golfers Morons so please refrain from any further flaming posts until we can advise on objections to the updated Charter (that was updated 9 months ago)

Thanks all

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

We, moderators, have been entrusted with the responsibility of running forums and there are 4 of us who run the golf forum. We have decided for the reasons below not to allow this topic to be discussed.

We have discussed the Saudi influence on other sports (for my sins I am a Newcastle Utd soccer fan) and we, like a lot of others are not comfortable with their human rights record and feel it has no place for discussion here in our golf forum, there may be other more relevant forums right here on boards for further discussion on this. If you are unhappy with this, please feel free to contact any of the cmods or go higher and contact admins - I can send you on contact details if you need but they are easily found here.

Thread reopened. Please be mindful of the comments. Thanks.

Advertisement