Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope for the bench

Options
  • 10-04-2023 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi lads, I will be moving over to do some benchrest shooting this year and I was looking for advice for a scope. Preferably something that would do for 50m but also something that could get me out past 100m any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭JP22

Most lads who take BR seriously use 36x power SFP scopes (fixed or variable) and quite a few use bigger magnifications, especially for 100m target shooting.

RF BR Classes are

Semi Auto – any weight, any scope magnification

International Sporter <8.5lbs, max 6.5 scope magnification

Factory Sporter <8.5lbs, max 12 scope magnification

Light Varmint Class <10.5lbs, any scope magnification

Heavy Varmint Class <15lbs, any scope magnification

What budget are we talking about?, some are eye watering prices, what scope you choose will be largely down to personal choice/budget, better quality/higher power costs more. Don’t overlook second hand scopes, a used Weaver 36x (no longer made) are a super buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I've just bought this. It will do me for 100m and 50m.

https://www.optics-trade.eu/en/vector-optics-sentinel-x-10-40x50-sfp.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12 anotherguy33

Cheers lads, my budget would range between 250-400. New to benchrest and would like to start off well. Says it could take up to a month for delivery? Are they trustworthy Clive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

This was my first order from them, but from another post ppl say they are good. It was posted out with UPS today, €14, and delivery is stated for Monday. I think I got the last one,

If your interested in benchrest, they have a competition on at Harbour House this Sunday. It would be a great way to see the workings of, and ask as many questions about gear, and see the equipment as you can.

I'll be there trying as I may with my 'get started in benchrest' gear to keep up with the big boys n gals

• Registered Users Posts: 12 anotherguy33

Yea I'm a member there, been asking the questions but I said would raise it here aswel. You can never have enough advice/opinions. Could possible shoot it with the 10/22 but can only make it one day and the PRS has peeked my interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭JP22

Krale is another good place for scopes, Netherlands, EU, so no customs.

Advertisement