Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collection of estate subs - any recommendations for software?

Options
  • 10-04-2023 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭

Slightly niche question but does anyone have any recommendations for best way to collect residents annual subscriptions and issue them a receipt automatically? Any specific platform or software.

Currently residents pay into a bank account and receipts are issued manually when bank statements are cross checked. I would be interested to hear what ways other residents associations collect their fees, if there is any way to make it less manual.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭kirving

Something like a SumUp card reader (& account) would give you access to receipting, and as far as I know some basic database of payments, which would be better than the bank's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Thanks, yes I think something like this is probably what we will go for. 1.69% commission is probably as good as we'll get too. If anyone else uses any other system please add it below.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

Couldn't you just send people a link to Paypal so you can be paid via that. And that will give them a payment confirmation, and you will have the details of who paid what. And then when they are all paid, transfer it to the iban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I guess that could be an option yes. Just want to make it as easy for the residents as possible and then as easy to reconcile also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Sum up is the best option.

You can create a "product" online and people can pay by card.

You can also use it as your banking system via their business account and make payments.

People can also make a payment directly to the account as it has an IBAN.

For my sins I am treasurer in 3 voluntary groups and Sumup is used for all three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DFB-D

IMO, if you are going to invest, maybe bookkeeping software would be a better choice.

E.g. XERO, Quick books, etc allow for various payment platforms to be integrated.

These will be easier for your accountant/ auditor to integrate with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Stripe will let you setup a payment page and collect money, You can give the option of subscriptions with it as well, which would be much better than the annual traipse around the estate looking for money

Advertisement