Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband connection reliability

Options
  • 11-04-2023 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello - we have had a very bad experience with our Sky broadband service over the last few weeks and are looking for a new service provider. We are out in the country and we have an intenet connection that keeps dropping daily - so zero reliability for WFH, streaming and hone automation.

We are serviced by fibre to the cabinet - well both Eir and Sky boast - but the cabinet is 2 km away, so I guess that is only a rubbish marketing ploy.

At the moment we get 20 Mb download and 9 Mb upload speeds, but our connection drops regularly and streaming is a nightmare as we have a lot of buffering and the connection drops completely in the middle of a movie.

So we are thinking about switching to Regional Broadband - had anyone had any experience with them. Apparently they instal any attenae that connects to the nearest mobile mast - which is about 1km away from our house.

Any feedback on experience on this provider would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Eleusis

Fairly surprised you even get 20mb considering there is 2 km of copper. Are you streaming 4k? Netflix premium defaults to that I think.

If not and you buffer on normal hd I'd say it could be congestion or else a fault on the line. Have you rang them to complain.

Advertisement