Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk to me

Options
  • 11-04-2023 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

Looks interesting, A24 really producing some terrific stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭flasher0030

2022 had Smile. Now 2023 has Talk to me. Was reading up on it there. Supposed to be one hell of a scare ride.

Was watching the trailer there with headphones on. Was right at the end of the trailer. Daughter snuck up on me, and frightened the life out of me. I don't know if I'll be on for a full 90 minutes of it. Though I'm sure I'll give it a go when it comes out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm, hard to judge by that trailer, it could go either way tbh.

I thought Smile was kind of disappointing - a neat conceit but lifting far too much from Ring and It Follows (both of which were better IMO) and leaning a lot on jumpscares. So if this is in the same vein it may not be for me.

Worth keeping a cautious eye on, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Seems to be getting excellent reviews, anyone seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭SheepsClothing

I went to see it based on the raves it was getting online and was not impressed overall. It has a good concept, but the characters are poorly written and tonally it can't decide whether it's a serious "trauma" movie or something more like Barbarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭griffin100

I watched it this evening and it’s what a horror / thriller should be for me - not too long, funny in parts, scary in others, and very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Enjoyed it but not a patch on barbarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Talk to Me I thought was excellent. Not so much scary as just a great supernatural thriller, plenty of disturbing moments though.

My favourite horror in recent years along with Smile, though Talk to Me I would say is a lot more original and sticks the landing better.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I found it quite disappointing. The first half is quite good, the séance scenes are well done and the drug abuse allegory is very interesting and unique. The

possession scene with the younger brother was the highlight for me,

after that it became very predictable and annoying. I did enjoy the last scene though,

quite a sad ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I really enjoyed it, its a well rounded horror, i went in blind, which is what i do for nearly all movies these days, especially with horrors, trailers can give literally everything away. Probably why i would enjoy it more than others. And also, it stuck the landing, something pretty much all horrors do, sh!t the bed with the final act, but i thought it was a pretty solid finish tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Loved it. Best horror I've seen since Barbarian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I watched barbarian tonight because of this post , thank you 🤣 great movie had me jumping and I'm a 7ft mma guru

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Just finished this. Overall I thought it was very good but, like most horrors, couldn't quite sustain the momentum throughout. Thought the possession scenes were very good, and the ending quite bleak. Overall I'd give this a solid 7/10.

Advertisement