Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on CouncilInterview Questions

• 11-04-2023 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi folks,

I've a council interview coming up, could use some advice. I'd be trying to break in from the outside, so to speak. Haven't come up through the ranks.

I'm studied the competencies. Three of the four, I could give specific detailed answers on projects from my past employment that would match the competencies. I think I'm as prepared there as I can be.

The most weighty competency, though, is 'Relevant Knowledge and Experience.' Now, it's a fairly niche role, and I'll only be able to use what I can glean from the job description, plus whatever I get from rooting around some connections I have.

What I'm afraid of is getting questions that are 'what would you do IF' and 'how would you fix X' in relation to this specific role, which I'm only going to have vague answers for. I'm not doing the role yet, after all (very few people are, it's a relatively new area). I can't see them asking lots of the 'tell us about a time you did something in the past' questions that I prefer, and if so, I don't know how to approach this competency and show what I do know about the topic.

Am I correct on this? Any advice? Much appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement