Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod warning in post N (where N > 1)

Options
  • 12-04-2023 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭

Can ye avoid this kind of shyte: We are in the twentys now, most users are on mobile devices and cannot see post numbers. We aren't going to count thru 42 (or whatever) posts to find a warning.

[This is just one example that I've seen that was easy to screenshot, I have zero interest in the topic or what the warning is about. But there have been other cases.]

What your average user sees in a post:

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I remember seeing something like:

Ray Darcy Radio Show, mod warning post 1,143,257,512 ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Using the first post is always simpler anyway and usually more visible, even without the mobile post numbers issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nm. misread.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi @Mrs OBumble

Feedback noted. I can see how this is suboptimal now that post numbers are not visible on the mobile site.

I'll mention to the mods that if a general thread warning is applied, they are better to copy paste it into the OP.

Advertisement