Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps pjroblem

• 12-04-2023 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

In the BoI app there is an option for managing my cards. When I click on Cards I get a screen which displays all the cards I have for my different accounts. My most recent credit appears twice. Both images have exactly the same details and show the same card. I do not know how to get rid of this duplicate card. I deleted the cache and data, uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the duplicate is still there. Also my wife has a credit card on the same account but her card does not appear and therefore she cannot use the app to activate it. I have sent messages but the help desk seem unable to help. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As the principle card holder, you will see both credit cards on your Banking of Ireland Mobile App. The additional card holder can add the card to the app through the add account option in the services tab, this is solely for approving online purchases. The principal cardholder remains solely liable for all transactions made and charges incurred by additional cardholders.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭joeirish

Thanks for the reply. I cannot see my wife's credit card as you say I should. I see two of my own credit card (identical to each other). My wife's card has a different number on it. So how do I get the app to show both my credit card and my wife's credit card instead of my card twice?

You say what my wife can do to add the card. This is confusng. My wife has her own account with BoI. When she uses the BoI app she logs in to her own account not to my account. So I don't understand what you are saying she should do. Does she add my account when logged in as herself on the app?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks for getting back to us.

Our credit card team are available on 0818251251. One of my colleagues will be happy to help. Your wife can go onto her own account and add the additional card holder credit card. The card needs to be added to her account in order for her to approve online transactions using the card.

Thanks, Megan

Hello again

Perhaps I didn't explain my wife's issue properly. She has an additional credit card associated with my bank account. How does she get this credit card to show on her BoI app. Or is this not possible?

Thanks

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

Hi Joe,

You have explained it correctly, and it was explained to you how to do it.

If your wife logs into her app, goes to the services page at the bottom of the screen then selects “Add account or policy”, she can select credit card and input the details.

• Advertisement

Thanks. In fact the first time I was told "my wife can go onto her account" and the second time you said "she logs in to her app". It was that second piece of information I needed. Hopefully sorted now.

Advertisement