Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My cousin got mad at me

Options
  • 12-04-2023 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was best friends with my cousin growing up. A few years ago on a night out, she got mad at me. I ignored her after that night. Eventually I wanted to reconcile with her but she ignored my efforts. I started to text her some home truths. I guess she didn't like what I had to say. All I ever wanted was for her to explain to me why she got mad at me. She said she was going to report me to the gardi for harassment. I never got a call from them. Would I be good now? Could I still maintain contact and get to the bottom of this with us?

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭89897

No, it was years ago and she clearly doesnt want to speak. Time to start making peace with it and moving on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You were told to stop making contact, so do just that. Let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheKittyKing

She was my best friend and cousin. Its not over. Surely I am owed an explanation and closure from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

She doesn't "owe" you anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭xyz13

Find a counselor/therapist.

3 sides to every story...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

By your own description you became very unpleasant with her, so it's understandable that that's where she wanted to leave the relationship. She does not owe you an explanation for the original falling out.

Turn your mind towards moving on. Maybe read a suitable book about relationships and working on yourself or seek some counselling to assist with getting on with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"I started to text her some home truths. I guess she didn't like what I had to say. All I ever wanted was for her to explain to me why she got mad at me."

If all you wanted was for her to explain why she got mad, you wouldn't have "started to text her some home truths".

Something happened that original night which was bad enough that she got mad at you. You ignored her after that, so at the very least given that you chose to ignore her, you know that something happened that night to make her mad at you, and instead of trying to find out there and then and make up for it, you ignored her until you wanted to reconcile.

You "started to text her some home truths". Even though she never has owed you an explanation or closure, you lost any right to it at that point.

Whatever relationship you had is over. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheKittyKing

I did nothing wrong. I was always nice and good to her and I used to drive and give her lifts everywhere. She was never able to drive and failed the test 4 times. She got nasty to me one night and I just want to know why. I did nothing wrong on her.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Closed pending review.

@TheKittyKing can you check your PMs please

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement