Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these compatible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Be careful - that SilverCrest device appears to be a Li-ion charger and not a standard power-supply. You need to obtain the same type of Li-ion charger rather than trying to find a random 19v power-supply unfortunately.

You might be able to know more if you show the connector from the charger to the device; if it's 2 pin then it's most likely a power supply, but if it's three-pin then it's a charger with a monitoring circuit to prevent the battery from overcharging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Antenna

Had a quick look at the instructions on line for SSR3000 A1 . The plugin 19V DC powersupply is just that, no monitoring. It would be easy to get one (rated for at least 600mA.) (This is assuming the powersupply is definitely the problem). You just have to ensure it matches the DC plug at the end of the cable.

The powersupply plugs in to the thing in the picture (cradle for vacuum cleaner).

The powersupply you linked to is the wrong voltage (12V), this was used for Silvercrest satellite receivers (someone I know had one years ago and the 12V powersupply did fail after a while)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭whizbang

Almost any old laptop power supply works at 18-20v. You probably have seen one at 19v lying around.

If the battery is 14.4 v, the charger is 19v, then i would be happy the charge circuit is internal to the device, and therefore any power supply in the range 18-20v will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks for the replies lads.

I just tried a laptop charger that is 19v but the pin doesn't fit the socket on the robot, this is it

Then I found a pin that does fit but the power supply is 12v, it's a TP Link router power supply. So it fits but nothing happens as it's not enough volts

Does anyone know that specific pin size and then I can buy a 19v/600ma to go with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Antenna

If you can get a 19V power supply that is surplus and not needed for anything else (but DC plug being wrong)

You could cut the lead off the bad one and get someone who knows what they are doing to make a join for you on a good 19V power supply lead (presuming the lead and DC plug from the bad power supply is OK and not the original problem!).

Double check that polarity is right way round (+/-) as that likely cause destruction if wrong way round (online manual indicates the usual inner being positive, outer negative).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

TP Link routers usually have either 2.1/5.5mm or 2.5/5.5mm male plugs, you can get these easily as follows:

Try both sizes and go for the largest internal diameter which fits the plug.

Post edited by 10-10-20 on

Advertisement