Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access two seperate B Of I current accounts with 365 on-line banking

Options
  • 12-04-2023 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have two Bank of Ireland current accounts.

One is a work account - the other is my personal account.

I am registered for 365 on-line banking for the Work Account...works perfectly.

I want to also conduct on-line banking with my personal account.

This has been a mammoth task to try to set up.....to no avail.

I ring 0818 214 365 and get through to the automated service.

I provide all the details required for my personal current account.

The automated service then tells me it is about to set up a new PIN and USER I.D.

After some time listening to the jingle tune....it states there is a problem and an operator will be with you shortly.

An operator comes on the line soon after and asks more security questions and details (understandable).

They then tell me they can see that the PIN to my personal current account is blocked.

They tell me that they will try to set up a new PIN ....they have difficulty...they then tell me the automated system to set up PIN is not responding.

After some time trying to resolve it, they then tell me that they will ring me back in 30 minutes when it is sorted.

This all takes about fifty minutes from start to here!!!.

Unfortunately, NOBODY ever rings back!!

This has happened five times over the last two days....roughly an hour on the phone each time...then waiting for thirty minutes, or more, for the call back.....all to no avail.

How do I get 365 on-line banking set up on my personal current account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am sorry to hear this. Can I ask are both of these account personal current accounts? Or is one a business current account?

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

Hi Eve,

Thanks for the speedy response.

To log in to my work current account I press the tab for a personal account to log in.

I do not use the Business online to log in.

So Yes, both are classed by B Of I as personal current accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Thanks for coming back to me here.

Could you please confirm if it this is a personal account or a business account?

You can register both business and personal accounts to Banking 365, if they are both personal accounts you can add both accounts to one existing profile, or if it is a business account and a personal account you'll need 2 separate User ID's and log ins.

Thanks, Eve

I want the accounts to be separate - 2 separate log-in details.

One account is for business - the other is for personal use.

Saying that - when I log in to the business account I do not click the" business on-line tab" to log in - I just click the 365 online banking tab (the one for personal accounts) to log in.

That's the way it has been set up.

When the helpline operator attempts to set me up with a PIN for my personal account he/she states that they can see that my PIN has been blocked - they will have to set up a new PIN with the automated service.

Sadly, this does not work - they say there is a problem - they will resolve it and ring me back...which never happens.

I tried ringing B. Of I 365 Banking again.

I think the problem may be resolved.

A brilliant girl answered who was extremely helpful and obliging.

She listened to the problem and said she would do her best to resolve it.

Like the previous 6 phone calls - she could see that the PIN was blocked and she was going to set me up with a new PIN.

Also, like the others previously, she said that there is an issue with the automated service creating a new PIN for me.

Instead, of telling me she would ring me back - she contacted her manager...she was then able to give me my USER ID over the phone and told me that a new PIN would be posted out to me during the week.

Hopefully, she has resolved my problem and I'm grateful to her for her genuine interest and attempts to solve this.

Happy days (hopefully)

• Advertisement
Advertisement