Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sepa direct debit refund

Options
  • 12-04-2023 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I put in a form for a direct debit refund last Wednesday. I hadn't cancelled the direct debit in time the day before. I was initially told 3 working days, then maybe 30 working days but noone is really sure or had an answer in customer service, I really was told well we're not sure because it doesn't say on the form. I'm panicking because I needed this money back in my account to cover other bills but noone can give me an answer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

It does state on the Direct Debit Refund Form that all requests will be processed within 24 hours of the bank receiving the instruction.

There may be a delay in receiving the form by post due to the bank holiday weekend.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Birdy74

Thank you, is there any way of checking the update of the status of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please be assured that my colleagues will be in touch once they have an update. Our customer service team are available on 0818365365 for further assistance.

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement