Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry level achievable Project Management Certification?

• 12-04-2023 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I work in IT and have noticed that some job adverts will ask for a Project Management certification as a desirable additional mention alongside the usual core IT skills and experience criteria.

I'm working too many hours as it is and right now I'm not in a position to take on the additional time and expense of a full part time or distance learning course. Also in IT to date I'd be used to buying a textbook in Amazon, self-studing and passing an Industry cert exam, eg, Microsoft, Cisco and ITIL certs.

So in this same approach or mode... Is there a basic, entry-level Project Management Certification that someone can self study in a couple of months, pass an exam on and get a cert that's worth a brief mention on a CV?

I understand that there may be a balance between the limitations of what I'm asking for and the weight and worth of the certification, but I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice very much.

Thank you.

Answers

Advertisement