Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraud

Options
  • 12-04-2023 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2

I have just returned from a week I Turkey. My debit card was declined at the airport which I thought strange as I new there was enough funds on it to cover my purchases. When I got home and checked my account I realised there was numerous charges on it that I didn’t know about and didn’t authorise. I’ll now have to get onto the fraud department and see what they can do. Has this happened before to anyone here and what was the outcome???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Did you contact your bank to stop any more payments as it possibly was cloned somewhere or electronically scanned and they are using it.

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 pablo3609

I didn’t as it was cleared out. I’m sure they’ll have to cancel now anyway !!! They took everything from my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ah sorry to hear that , try and go through your list of what you bought from where and the next one you dont know might be a clue to where they are operating. Is there not a card phone number to ring for emergencies as you want to get the ball rolling to start the process.

Keep a note of everything as anything bought using cloned card might be on cctv?

Dont forget to click on your email from here to register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

If there are transactions on your account that you don't recognise you will need to contact our card security team on freephone 1800946764 and my colleagues can look into this for you.

The team are available 24/7.

Thanks, Eve

Advertisement