Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2023

Options

Comments

This is unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh! I'm dipping in and out, and watching out of synch recordings, so much I've managed to confuse myself at this stage!

Mind you, I'll miss all of tomorrow's daytime play as well.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I turned it off long ago. They played 5 frames, is that correct?

The ref needs to step in more and get them going. It’s supposed to be entertainment.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Allen has been Selby'd now anyway. Needs to try to keep it flowing more because if he lets Selby dictate, he won't win too many more frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

The pots they were turning down today were ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Not a theory, a prediction. Could be as wrong as shite. Still a long way to go to beat Allen. But Selby v Si would be a fascinating contrast. Si to green for the Selby meat grinder. Youths fresh sap is seldom successful against the weather beaten teak. But Si will have his day when his game is rounded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

that red ire Mark missed in last i think frame didn't look a 'gimme' to me, esp when he couldn't just drop it in, as he was going for position - Fouldsy thought it was simple enough tho

the other red he missed earlier to opposite (r/h) pocket looked tough too - was a thin cut, but not too thin; had to be very exact

doesn't deserve to behind tho, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bruthal.

His method is to do all he can to stop players who can reel off frames, no matter how long it takes. Tortures the opponents, and the viewers along with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ronnie O’Sullivan was on analysis last night on Eurosport. Said Si had flights booked back to China on three occasions because he assumed he would get knocked out in the next round.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

SI is just incredible

Where the hell did he come from

• Advertisement

I am sure the question everyone wants answered will Si be watching much of the Allen/Selby match to help him sleep?

The more I see Si float around the table to a 17 -8 win the more sympathy I feel for him whin Selby inserts the red ball rack slowly up his rectum and pours melted wax into his eyes before being crowned champion sometime in mid June.

Well according to Dennis Taylor he’s a young Chinese player….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Phenomenal. Easily the most impressive player of the tournament. Even if he doesn't go the whole way (I think he will) I think we're looking at a player who has the potential to dominate in future years.

The worst year imaginable for Chinese snooker. And then this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jj880

If Selby makes the final this Si lad could make it watchable. Clear up before Selby can start his sh!te. Really exciting player to watch.

No guarantee Selby beats Allen yet. By the way last time a young qualifier player won World Title. (Shaun Murphy 2005) Murphy went for everything beat Peter Ebdon 17-12 in Semi Final en route to final v Stevens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

A Si - Selby final would be very interesting, be interesting to see how he'd handle being dragged into long, drawn out frames with no rhythm.

A match against Selby would be the ultimate test...id have more hope for him playing Allen.

His composure is unreal

Davis was saying how at some point they realize they can win it and that's a tester

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

When was the last time a semi final finished a session early?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ronnie calling him Ding with a temperament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Allen just a smidge north of 9/4 on exchanges if anyone's interested - looks v good price

was shorter to win it outright, earlier on - granted he was 2 frames up at start of play this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭bren2001

If i hear that "it was all yellow" ad one more time, I'm throwing the tv in the bin.

Has to clear up here.

Ronnie O'Sullivan wrote a book about how much running means to his personal life and his game. Steve Peters, the world renowned sports whatsit told Ronnie not to run so he could concentrate on Snooker. Mark Selby wins World Championship concentrating on torture. Me no world renown talk **** on chat group.

I had a check there Higgins beat Hawkins 17-8 in 2017.

Yeah and if Si does have to play Selby - it will be only Leicester and Stephen Hendry supporting Selby.

Some change from the carp earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

Brecel probably regretting his all booze sessions at this stage. Ridiculous to thing you can do that and have any chance of winning this tournament.

Players tighten up a bit when they are near the winning line and the lad with no hope seems to loosen up and play well, Brecel will probably need the remaining frames to have a chance tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There's a lot more to snooker than banging in blink-and-you'll-miss-it century breaks 🙄

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement