Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Who said they werent going to watch this!!!!

147 in a world final....

Unreal!

Well done selby....superb!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Pandemonium !!

livening up now 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

The most boring, slow 147 I've ever seen.

There should be a stop clock.

You f***ing Muppets!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Have some of that Selby haters.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Every final a maximum chance comes up, they always make a bollox of it, never seen one done live before.

• Advertisement

Selby has had alot of abuse on this thread recently....uncalled for....

He is one of the all time greats....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I wonder those who skipped the final will feel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Was dipping in and out of that frame. Only fully realised it was a maxi when he was down to the blue. Quite a session of snooker.

Come on Luca 10-7 my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

settle down now!!! Ya sat its hard to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Who replaced Selby with this player tonight? Attacking everything and crucible history. Delighred he got the 147

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

This next few minutes is massive, I'd fancy Selby to win it if he gets this frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fook that. Missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Yeah I agree. Selby's 147 was absolutely amazing to watch live for the very first time. The reaction of the crowd and from those in the studio at The Crucible on BBC Two was fantastic.

Well done Mark. You did a great job.

Nobody replaced him. You’re listening to the haters too much, some of them being fellow players, and pundits.

Thank god it wasn’t Ronnie in the opponent seat. He probably wouldn’t have even shook his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

Crushing evening session for Brecel. He was in absolute control this afternoon and looked like he could be 5+ frames ahead going into tomorrow. Only one frame ahead having probably played at his absolute best.

Selby is an absolute rock....a good nights sleep will set him up well for tmw....

A brilliant final....

What did Ronnie have to say on Eurosport?

hope Rachel is on presenting tomorrow

he aint there, mate 🙂

just Angles and Jimmy in the pundit seats this evening 😁

surely he be back for tomorrow tho

• Advertisement

There were a few shots where he would have played safe and ground out the frame but he seemed to attack everything tonight. Maybe was Allen slowing him down the last 3 nights :)

Supposed to be response to Walshb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Unbelievable scenes.

Bucket list completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

You are so lucky :)

I hope to get there some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭raclle

No one can deny it either. Unparalleled except to prob Higgins in his prime with his all round game. An absolute master tactician. Love watching him play and hope he goes on to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,692 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Good memories from Cliff there at the interval**. Bitter sweet to say the least though as his moment of triumph was marred by his wife's miscarriage, he said he'd swap both the 147 and his world title to have their child back. It's a hard situation that a lot of people go through but it's not really spoken about. Cliff goes down in snooker history as the first non-UK player to win the world title*, first 147 at the Crucible, participant in the slowest match ever, and one of the first drug busts in snooker history too 😮

[*] pedant's corner - Australian Horace Lindrum won the 1952 title under disputed circumstances, the only entrants were Lindrum and New Zealander Clark McConachy.

[**] Yeah I got mixed up with what day of the week it is but the main thing is I don't have to go to work tomorrow. So, as Jesse's Diets might say, this weekend I've mostly been watching snooker 😋

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

kirk Stephens/Steven’s also got a max on tv v jimmy white back in 80’s also was it the masters….? It was a memorable era for the Canadians, the big fat guy also (werbunik) was popular at the time too and famously split the arse of his pants whilst stretching for a shot or was it a beer😀 thankfully he was wearing jocks and we weren’t treated to a ‘birds eye’ of his ‘hairy ring’ 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What a great evening session, just finished watching it back.

Great to see Selby upping his game/speed, rather than Brecel getting bogged down like Allen in the semi. It's turning into a potential epic - but in a good way! (And no I'm not a Selby or a safety/tactical play hater, but that semi could be used as an alternative to waterboarding!)

My first live 147 (well, "live" given i was watching back a recording). Very exciting!!

But wtf is the story with the rules on calling a miss?? I always thought it was if you could see the ball but missed, it was a foul and a miss.... then I saw full snookers where a miss was called, so thought I must have it a bit wrong.... then tonight, Luca tried to cut a red, that he could fully see, very fine and missed - but it was just a foul, no miss called. I'm awfully confused, Ted!!!

Anyway, what a great match, I'm happy to say that i have a clear day tomorrow and am looking forward to an epic finale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

On 4 occasions Luca had a 4 frame lead and on loosing the last 3 now only has 1.

The first session tomorrow starting at 1pm might give Luca a bit of rest… he could do with taking the first session and having a minimum two frame cushion…. If Selby comes out of the first session ahead he’ll be odds on favourite.

the worrying thing for Luca is the at times lack of composure… he should have had Selby buried in difficult snookers a couple of times but made a bollix of it, seemed to put an awful lot of thinking into obvious shots… missed straightforward pots too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭raclle

You're forgetting his two epic comebacks already :)

Advertisement