Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I just happened to see Alan 'Angles' McManus analyse of Judd Trump.

Jayus, Alan normally tries to couch his opinions in a soft manner if possible. But it basically sounds like career over for Trump as a serious snooker player if he doe not sort out his technique.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

BBC just chopped the Williams match

Yad think they'd stick it on 3 or 4

• Registered Users Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The same - I had it on pause, was about 10 mins behind - can't believe they didn't at least show out the frame?! I'm assuming Brecel took it in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

BBC - 4 stations (not counting the Red Button - if indeed it's still a thing; used be able to get it, but not now [Brexit possibly?] ) , with two of those off most of the day. they could easily open one of them up for the snooker

would prefer to watch other match meself, being as it's in session two

and Rishi Persad (when he's on) is one of the most hateful, annoying presenters - whatever the sport, imo

can't really complain, as i is Irish 😆 but fook the BBC

• Advertisement

Wow !! that easy blue Robbo just missed - deffo a 'turning point' for me

was close to rail with cueball, but still, that were chronic 😲

honn Jak !!

not a turning point after all :(

Robbo ends up winning frame, to trail by just one

Jak still leads: 4 frames to Robbo's 3

that middle bag not a friend to Robbo. missed a relatively easy red into just now, but a lot trickier than that straight blue, tbf

Jak back in, but looks tough table

he's only gone and missed a red into same pocket, from t'opposite end from Neil's attempt

"it's catching" Fouldsy remarked 😃

Robbo leading frame 8 by 30pts to 7

great safety/snooker by Willo there, but not much from it

i stand corrected - lovely red there, and he's well in now

You might have to do a satellite retune BBC did a lot of changing but they're there

• Advertisement

Grudge match on the way

Reckon Ronnie will make mincemeat of him

beyond my capabilities Kirk , but thanks for the advice ☺️

don't really care who wins Ronnie / Vafaei match - mebbe Hossein, on a/c of it'll leave another top seed discarded, thereby giving Pistol more solid claims 😃

have to fancy Ronnie here tho, being it's best o' 25.

Ronnie win 13-11 is me prediction

Predict a possible 147 from Ronnie roday

Vafaei looking a nervous wreck

the one behind Murphy in the studio wearing pink looks like Arnie when disguised as a bird in Total Recall 😂

big smiley head on her 🙂 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yeah Red Button has now gone HD and SD version still exists but like BBC4 I think it could have changed frequency.

Vafaei is in danger of completely distracting himself with this niggling with/ about Ronnie - he was totally wound up being interviewed the other day, and that break off was just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Ah here, Vafaei losing the plot already.

Disaster incoming for vafaei

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

looks like Ronnie psyched him out. Vafaei looks mentally weak and 2-0 down in no time…

unlucky with that massive kick, in the first though, second shot …was it ?

proof of what a ******* Ronnie is, blanks everyone in the corridor but then offers quite an intimidatory fist bump, into Vafaei while Vafaei is arranging his table… standing right over him, fist out while he’s doing that…as if to say… ‘hurry the f*ck up, you are on my time’…

then Vafaei blasts straight into pack from the break, scattering everything, potting nothing….Ronnie must be secretly laughing….

psyched Hossein out completely and 2-0 up in the blink of an eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

and Allen wins a long frame 9 to take first frame of session. had a 40+ lead most the way, and Bingham needed a snooker when on colours

didn't get it. Allen ahead 6-3. HUP 😁

Good recovery

was expecting Hossein to punch the air/bang the table there; but nope, just calmly walks out :)

great pink to get on scoreboard

Feck, I've to go out - tempted to record this and see if I can catch up later. Could turn into a classic.

Poor Steve Davis's head is going to explode with it all!!

potted a lovely brown there, Mark, from baulk, and smashes into cluster opening everything up. 47 pts up, and plenty there :)

another on the board after a 75 break

7-3 to Pistol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yeah, I have satellite used to be able to get red button now doesn't tune in anymore.

My other two alternatives now are people that stream the red button/bbc feed on youtube - one Indian guy calls his channels 'snukerworld' and 'cue club'. He plays music when switches to analysis to avoid copyright infringement.

Other alternative is a free VPN I use called windscribe - it is an app for google chrome. But can be hit and miss. Works with the BBC iplayer, when I tried it though.

It will be interesting what the BBC will do when snooker goes really global - outside the UK and Ireland. As that is the way things seem headed in the next 20/30 years. I assume the defacto World Championship will be in China as it will have a tournament with massive prize money that dwarfs the 'official' world championship prize funds.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Allen flying. in amongst them in frame 11 here, and currently on a maxi. early days tho - 28pts to nowt

• Advertisement

goes for blue after fifth red. currently on 51pts and motoring along nicely here 😊

Advertisement