Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Out of some of the shows I've been too this year that weren't mentioned

The Weeknd in Wembley played for just about 110 mins. Imagine it was the same for Marlay Park

Blur played for just about 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Any artist worth their salt will play for 1 hr 45 to 2 hours.

Obviously smaller and cheaper shows I don't expect that but if Im paying 90 euro plus thats the minimum I expect.

Springsteen 3 hours, Pet Shop Boys 2 hours, The National 2 hrs 15 mins etc.

One act that did play for 3 hours lately, my mum was at, Daniel O Donnell.

Bruce has got a rival for 3 hour shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Elton John, Peter Gabriel and Bruce Springsteen all well over the two hour mark.

Wilco, Elvis Costello: two hours.

The National, 135 minutes.

Deacon Blue, 130 minutes.

PJ Harvey, 105 minutes.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Muse played for 2 hours last week im pretty sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Almost all of the gigs in 3Arena start off at 9.05/9.10 and finish at 11. I think the Cure were on for around 2.5 hours. Iron Maiden were around the 2 hour mark. Most of the more established artists who play Vicar Street go on from around 9.15 to 11. There was a previous comment here that Depeche Mode was the only gig in the last year that went beyond 1.5 hours. That's a bizarre comment. Kilmainham has a 10.30 curfew. Most headliners that play there come on at 9, and finish a few minutes after 10.30. Of course, they could come on earlier if they really wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Quantity doesn't always mean quality. Less is more sometimes. I've seen Springsteen shows that he could've shaved 45 minutes off and it would've been a better gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Fanirish

With alot of the Olympia/vicar/whelans/academy/button factory gigs it’s closer to 9:15/9:20 and over by 10:40/10:45 even with them pissing about offstage for minutes for the encore charade.

exceptions to the rule whether doing greatest hits or reunion show but 90 minutes to 2 hour shows are very rare for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Can this be moved to another thread? It's really not relevant here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tenacious D at 3arena on 5th May. Tickets on sale Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublinwon

I saw Cian Ducrot before Tom Grennan in Fairview Park , I hadn’t heard of him before but he was good . I expect Tom Grennan to do another headlining gig too , he was excellent and to a full crowd . Wish they would reverse OMD from support to headline a big gig , they were absolutely smashing in St Anns park and then there was the awful soft cell which sent most asleep or home but it looks like they’re back to their usual Olympia gig which they do almost annually . They deserve bigger imo of course

• Advertisement

Already on sale it seems, presale started at 10am, bizarre that, tickets went on sale as soon as it was announced.

Sunday night, May Bank Holiday, I might be able to go to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Within Temptation announced a new European and UK tour for 2024. Disappointed but not surprised to see that Ireland given a skip again.

Will have to see if I can pop over to another country to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Same, understandable show wouldn't fit anywhere bar the arena and Nightwish hardly drew colossal numbers there.

The co-headline with Evanescence was very much less risk and missed opportunity I feel. Should've done when both bands at Donington even.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Yeah, I think Evanescence would have the better shot for drawing in a crowd in Ireland versus Within Temptation.

Actually saw that World's Collide show in Zurich, Amy Lee was unreal while unfortunately Sharon was starting to come down with a cold at that show so she was drowned out with how high the sound engineer had the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Ghostwoman playing the Workmans Cellar, Sunday 4th February. https://www.foggynotions.ie/concerts/concert/ghostwoman-workmans-cellar-dublin-2024

GENN, Upstairs at Whelans on Saturday 2nd March: https://genntheband.bandcamp.com/album/liminal

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Shook a little looking at that announcement

Show in 2020 was my last before Covid

Can't say I'd be in a rush to see them again. Mix of great moments and pure garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mainly tempted to go as only saw them in RDS in I want to say 2008, that was fun...and for some reason Wonderboy came into my head last week

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LYRA

3Olympia Theatre, Dublin

Fri 15 Mar 2024 

Nationwide Tour goes on sale this Friday at 10am.

Tickets from €25

FRANKIE BOYLE

3Olympia Theatre, Dublin

Dublin & Galway | Jan & Feb 2024

Extra dates added to nationwide tour. Tickets from €30* on sale now

DECLAN MCKENNA

3Olympia Theatre | 02 Apr 2024

Ulster Hall | 01 Apr 2024

Access MCD presale tickets from €35/£28* at 9am next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Just a wishful thinking, but...

SUM41 announced about their split back in spring. They're doing 2 gigs in vegas this months and no more scheduled gigs till... 23 November 2024 in Paris La Defence Arena, which, according to rumours, is the last European date of their "When The SUM Sets Tour". Tickets already sold out. Capacity 40k. They also launched a Laylo website, hinting fans that "something is coming..."

I think the last time they were here at the academy in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Longitude on the 29th and 30th June 2024

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They actually had to pull out of both shows(Kerrang tour) and haven't played here since

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Sum 41 did a French festival this year so you can presume won't be next year so are able to disclose that big date well in advance.

Rumour is they'll likely be getting in festivals elsewhere in June and announce future dates around that French date around then.

Planning on going to Mad Cool next summer. Hopefully a decent lineup including Sum 41

Blink 182 possibly and the Dublin date will be included in that run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Manics and Suede in Trinners next July for the summer series.

That's all standing isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

yea all standing, nice venue and great location wise. Pity its a tuesday night though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sure is. It's a fantastic venue for a gig. Saw the Stereophonics there a few years ago and loved the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

The Clockworks playing in the Button Factory on 24 February. Great Galway band

Continuation of the US tour so, which didnt really sell well but was a great idea.

Think the first billed act played for 1hr 15 and the second act played for an hour.

• Advertisement

Manics are brilliant live

They were actually better than Bon Jovi a few years ago

Advertisement