Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote from architect

Options
  • 13-04-2023 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I got an itemised quote for an architect and part of it was

- Prepare contract with builder & lodge Commencement notice on BCAR system.

The cost was €1,880 ex vat - Is this very expensive ?

The contract will be an RIA blue one The job is basically a 2 room refurb adding an ensuite and enlarging 2 dormer windows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

With stuff like lodging Notices/Signing Contracts etc, its not so much the work load put into these things, but more to do with PI Insurances

And who gets sued first if anything bad where to happen on Site

I recently got a quote of €1800 (+VAT), for the same works you've detailed from a Building Surveyor

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭grimeire

If they are charging you 1800 just for contract and commencement notice that is expensive.

If it's for the whole job then that's a decent price. For a new build it can cost from 5-10k on engineers fees.

They will all say the same thing when you ask why so much. "I'm taking all the risk" or at least thats what mine said to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hasta

Thanks, yes it's 1880 just for contract and commencement notice - the whole job is 8,000 ex vat - seems so expensive!! I can't figure how that figure makes sense.

Advertisement