Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diplomat [Netflix]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Didn't feel any hook from the story the weaved in the trailer.

Cast looks solid. Not sure about the story, look and feel. Felt like maybe it would be a bit dull.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I agree. Watched the trailer a few days ago and it didn't grab me. Maybe Netflix's marketing team were under the weather that day.

Apple's got the best trailers this last while. 'Hey man, this is art', vibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Just finished this.

It's a little bit soapy, and not a visual feast,but with some former West Wing people running the show it does have some nice set pieces and mirrors political real life quite well.

Good cast for sure, maybe a few too many of them, but the storyline takes over well by the climax and I look forward to what they do with the emerging thriller aspects in Season 2.

Rufus Sewell is darkly funny and very watchable and is the real hook of the show. For only 8 x 50 mins I'd recommend a watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Renewed.

57.8 million hours of viewership in its first weekend. 

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watched this over the last days and really enjoyed it.

Eight episodes makes it an easy watch and it’s darkly funny and ended on a cliffhanger so I was glad to see it was renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I watched it this week and found it a little unbelievable in the first instance. But the sharp script and humorous interplay between the main characters got me .

Liked Keri Russell in The Americans and was not happy to see Rufus Sewell but he was excellent in this .

CIA Eidra Parks and UK Foreign Sec Dennison are great characters.

Really enjoyable , looking forward to the next season , Spring 2024 apparently .

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement