Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coastal erosion in north Co, Dublin/Fingal?

Options
  • 14-04-2023 8:48am

I've been looking at this site for sale - https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/skerries-road-c-8-56-acres-3-46-ha-balbriggan/4647476 - for some time. It's a substantial 3.46 hectare (2.5 acres per hectare) in a stunning location next to the beach for €200k. I can only surmise, if not assume, it's not selling because coastal erosion is considerable and there's obviously not much point building a house there.

Is this the reason? How bad is coastal erosion in Fingal? Is any government body tracking coastal erosion? Where could I find the available records on the pace of land loss because of coastal erosion? Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement