Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion re decriminalization of prostitution following murder of woman in Limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You just said women don’t like having sex.

Its exactly what I would expect a raging incel to say because they’re making excuses for their own shortcomings.

It’s not my scene at all but I did feel bad for the lads in Limerick that got busted purchasing sex and their names printed a few years ago , there’s was loads of them and a very wide demographic 😂actually it was the rural pensioners on the list I felt bad for 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

I suppose just to keep this newly emerged theme somewhat relevant to the actual title topic?

So as mentioned, criminalization should focus neither on the seller or purchaser, but malpractice of the handlers, pimps, chauffeurs, etc etc (and this should include online advertising directories, who act as the focal point of national sex trade facilitation).

But the "on the ground" staff that organize the brothels, transportation, flights and accommodation etc., as outlined they will as I understand, often do that job for regular access to "free" sex with the prostitutes they manage.

So in relation to the point regarding "transactional" nature of sexual interaction - well that's case in point right there.

Prostitutes will often pander to these handlers in exchange for, whatever, favorable treatment, benefits, stay on their good side?

It's part of the criminal enterprise.

Therefore when politicians are establishing appropriate and effective measures to preclude criminality and degeneracy that culminates in the likes of what we saw in Limerick, their overarching target should be - those in managerial positions, handlers, pimps;

And just as importantly, prostitutes and women in other capacities that act as their accomplices (which is why the "welfare inspections" conducted last quarter were a particularly astute move by the department of justice).

Only, criminalizing purchasers is again, a feminist agenda that renders no practical benefit as it does nothing to address the criminal base of the trade (it's entire hypothesis being to "curb demand").

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Did that happen?

Rural pensioners get busted whilst pimp scum and their criminal girlfriends continue the exploitation.

And where does it wind up?

Murder.

Only one way to address it - report.

Report report report.

Actionable statements in writing, and this can't happen whilst either side is criminalized ("I saw a crime whilst I was committing a crime"....... coppers don't typically show much sympathy for that).

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So where did get the ‘enormous percentage’ from?

Incels give themselves the label btw and wear it as a badge of honour. They display the same kind of thinking as you’ve displayed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Has that blog moved on from pedalling fake rape stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

In an enormous percentage of marriages both parties are essentially celibate as the lady doesn't see sex as something necessary or pleasant

Is that right Father?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Dont be so infantile.

There has been a transactional aspect to male female relations since the year 1.

If you cant see it it doesnt mean that youre all wholesome and human, and in touch with the deeper more soulful aspects of connection, or any of that fluffy good stuff.

It just means youre either in denial about parts of human nature, or a naiive idiot.

I love the whole love thing. I do. But theres another part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

No. The world wont be moving on from this ancient and inherent part of human life for quite a few centuries.

Its in our dna.

Asking a womans age will remain a little taboo, and asking a mans wage will also remain a little taboo. And the cheerleader will date the jock. And the woman will pester for marriage. And the guys will buy big fancy cars to show theyre doing well. And all those old clichès will remain long after all the comforting words, because there is a cold mechanical transactional aspect to relationships along with the nice warm fluffy bits. Which are great and just as important btw.

Denying it is whats sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭seenitall

Don’t mind the naysayers, you sound like a good partner. Some people are just great romantics but life is full of contradictions and inconsistencies, cos that’s people for ya. For example I have nothing against a traditional approach by a man but on the other hand I’ve just never had it in me to be financially supported by a man, I’ve always gone with a 50/50 approach personally, although it never seemed to amount to much romantically fwiw. So who knows. Someone else will be so full of talk of love and giving, but in actual reality will be with a wealthy man 20 years senior who pays for everything and who “wears the trousers” in the relationship (as to the big life decisions like the number of children, the location of home etc.), so while I am thinking to myself that a certain kind of transaction is going on here, the two of them are happy out and more power to them. It does sometimes make me wonder if I have just been going wrong in my approach to romance over the years :D

I don’t mean to sound cynical but the older I am, the more able I am to recognise these patterns in the couples around me. Not all of them are like that, perhaps not even the majority, but I have two good friends whose relationships definitely fit the mould.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Packrat

Well this thread is going grand anyway..

All relationships are somewhat transactional in my opinion, but laying it out bare isn't polite and ruins the romance a bit. Tut tut Greencap. Also it's more often but not always women trading for material wealth so of course more women are going to vehemently deny that such is the case, because that would be getting towards a grey area as ordained by society.

Actions speak louder than works though in the end.

On topic:

I'm not up to speed with the Limerick murder, - was he a pimp or a customer allegedly?

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement