Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 VolkIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 37 redwhitekopper

Can take quite a while for the vetting process, my brother starts next week in Dublin, a separate competition I know. Had his interview around April, although he asked for a specific start date. Best of luck everyone, hopefully hear back soon 🤞.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Nope, no word on Tipp positions yet, and I'm the top of the pile.

I've heard rumours about revenue planning on taking on 30 or so but no idea how true that is.

I'm 34 for Tipp, that's great to know. Hopefully hear back next week, although I'd love to get Justice. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭shmeee

What's the reason for Justice? Office close by is it?

Tipp Town the biggest office. Don't hear much of new hires into the Prison Service office in Nenagh or Probation Service in Clonmel. Can't think of any others falling under Justice off the top of my head about Tipp.

As mentioned above, Revenue taking on 30?.... On that, it could be over a couple of divisions for a few different Counties. At present seems to be 2 and 3 hired that I know off. Haven't heard of a batch of 10+ in a long time into one office.

If you're number 34, you'll get a call for sure. Just a waiting game. Best of luck.

• Advertisement

Do ye think they simplified the whole process is because they really do need a lot of people or..?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

DOJ Citizenship are based in Tipp!

Believe they've got vacancies too seeing as they're trying to recruit a lot of TCOs atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zagnut

Anyone know what number they are at in Kildare or Laois?

Have always had an interest in An Garda Siochana, based my Final Year Project on the force and did some work experience in my local station a lifetime ago. I live in Laois myself, my dad's family hail from north Tipp, so it would be ideal.

Appreciate your message, I'll take it one step at a time, need to pass the interview first. Do let me know how you get on.

Thanks again.

I clearly haven't a clue how this works. Is there another interview after the initial one I had last week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭shmeee

TCO's may not exactly mean vacancies at this time, the TCO's may be in to cover Shorter Working Year, Annual Leave and other leave at this time. I've seen departments get TCO's and not hire a permanent CO at all during the year. Easier way out for them.....

A lovely new office in Tipp town also!! Would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TeamWork

Expression of interest submitted today for Carlow. OOM low 200.

No, just the one. Didn't mean to confuse you. Hopefully hear back tomorrow, if not, before the weekend.

Post edited by redwhitekopper on

Ah yes. Okay so. Thanks for that one. I now continue my waiting game for the EOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ali1996B

Has anybody been called to a post yet? Any news on Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭leoniecarrig

Just got interview results today 😊 passed thankfully 😅

Had the interview on the 18th so just over a week for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sswathi

Brilliant 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fi72

Hi Leonie, great news , got my results too. Will you let me know if you get a call for placement 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭leoniecarrig

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddydoyle83

Has anybody got any interviews for meath at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Moll68

Had interview on 20th and got results today and passed, so thrilled😁 its a waiting game now I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BlaCon1

Hi has anyone got called for an interview for louth yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CelticRiddle

Has anyone heard anything about Donegal, pm sure and let me know the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tbc2023

Hi, anyone hear anything about Kerry?

Heard nothing since the 6th June asking about the preferences.... OOM135. Thanks

Got mine yesterday, shed a few tears in relief. Hopefully things will move swiftly on. Appreciate all the advice, encouragement and help from the community here.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭crinkley

Hey if anyone’s done their interview would they mind pm me the sort of questions they were asked, I want to check if they were similar to last years my friend has his interview in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sanktrangelov

Can I ask a stupid question? It's my first time going through this...

Got OOM 359 in Cork and was emailed this morning asking for my location preferences.

How likely is it that I'm called for an interview from here? To be honest I'd given up hope on this one so it felt good to receive the e-mail!

Had read on here that up to 580 got called last year in Cork

Nenagh has a massive revenue office. Debt management and call centre based there.

They always take batches of 20/30 and do 2months on the job training and then full time work.

AGS need a couple but not sure where. Garda clearance in templemore always take a good few in the training college. Nenagh need a couple of EOs and one CO AFAIK, Thurles are full and Roscrea may need a CO and EO. Saying that though they're changing the roles of the offices at the minute so a whole reshuffle of assignments going on.

• Advertisement

Similar questions but much faster paced. Less about bcc and GDPR and more about what would you you with collègues who couldnt use computers and your own computer skills. Communications skills were big as well but less about conflict and how you communicate with all aspects of society.

Difficult customer made a show and how you would handle them.

Also new official languages act is important. So públic bodies must answer phone in Irish first unless internal call, emails signatures etc through Irish and Irish takes precedence over English on signage, letterheads etc aka Irish first, English second.

Advertisement