Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rachel867

does anyone know how long it’s taking for the extra Garda vetting for the department of justice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Raiden Round Post

can take up to 8 weeks or so

If anyone took the expression of interest for AGS - how long did pas take to get back to you after expressing interest

Post edited by TheDavester on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

I started on a Mon and got paid on the Friday. No week in hand.

ye they said 3 months but was hoping that was worst case scenarios the 4 week mark now so hoping not much longer

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭damienf1

Has anyone gotten called forward for interview in the Donegal area? I'm due have one and looking see what gets asked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I had one a few weeks ago. They just ask for examples of the competencies that were on the application form. I found they asked them in very specific ways though, whereas other interviews I've done have usually been a bit more general.

So like instead of asking for an example of when I used good team work, they asked for an example of when I supported a colleague.

I'd say just have several examples for all the competencies and don't be too rigid in how you prepare them, if that makes sense? Like based off the last competencies based interview I did, I was expecting to be asked the very general question and then get asked more questions about the examples I gave. That's not what happened and it threw me a little, but I just had to take a second or two to rearrange the examples to suit their questions.

It's pretty casual, and didn't last very long.

They also asked some things like what role I'd take in a group setting, or if I'd ever made suggestions for improvements in a role I had. But mostly it's just the competencies.

Was it one question from each section?

By reading the email it seems like only one person on interview board?

I had two, but there was two named on my email about the interview.

They divided the competencies between them and depending on the answer I gave they asked more than one question, but for some they only asked the one.

I'm pretty sure they're not Garda HR or PAS either, as they couldn't answer any of my questions at the end of the interview about how many positions were available, where, temp or permanent etc.

OOPS!

I just realised I'm in the wrong thread. I thought this was the Garda clerical.

I did interview for temp CO in the Civil Service though and am currently working for them. So what I said still stands. Someone I know did an interview very recently and they said it was just the competencies again and the same thing about them being outside interviewers, so don't expect them to have answers for any of your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Raiden Round Post

is it the start or end of June this campaign/contest closes… I confirmed with them the expression of interest and just wondering as it’s coming close

Post edited by TheDavester on

• Advertisement

The end of June think it said the 20-something in the booklet

Has anyone expressed interest in CO for AGS Or currently working there? Would be interesting to get bit more information for that role and compare it regular DSP jobs. I'm wondering which would be better etc

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 holl1518

hi all I got a place in the Department of department of justice they told me somebody will be in contact with my assignment and role, I’ve yet to hear anything it’s been over a week? Do you know how long it takes before you hear would back on start date please? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 8 holl1518

hi Rachel,

Have you been placed yet? I was told I will be contacted about my role and assignment for the DOJ and I’m yet to hear anything back? Thanks I wonder how long it take before they tell you your start date and details on the role

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭star61

When will the next campaign begin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭furrybones

Given that the current campaign is about to expire, but also depending on whether it's extended or not, the 2024 campaign should be imminent.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

@holl1518 I have been found out my start date last week signed all the forms my line manager from my department hasn’t been in touch yet I found out about my starting date as soon as the extra clearance came back was waiting about 4.5 weeks on that

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭slick_rick88

Received this eariler this afternoon, while I'm chuffed, I'm bit baffled normally they would give you a full week to reply but also they said its a temporary contract yet my application for permanently..herd a few from the first panel who stated few weeks ago got offered permanent contracts...so maybe are they just offering temporary for now and after a year they'll offer me permanent..why train me up for a year then to only let me go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭nhg

Congrats but I’d be asking if your name & placing remains on the permanent panel if you accept this temporary contract in the interim…..

Thanks! Yes I replied to the email as follows:

"Further to your email I have 2 queries.

First querie is what is my current position on the panel?

My second querie is, if I was to accept this temporary position, how would it effect my permanent position on the panel?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards "

That's okay isn't it? Don't want to sound or come across ungrateful but no harm in asking. My partner told me that them and their sibling were offered temporary contracts and after a few years they were made permanent. My partner told me also a fella thy worked alongside got permanent after 3 months. I'd imagine people who were going for these positions like me took them knowing they be permanent contracts as why would leave their current jobs otherwise.

My partner applied for it and she was in the first panel got placed number 2, they were already in the council but in different area of work but wanted to get back into the office side of things..they wouldn't have applied for this unless it was permanent. I was on the second panel so you'd imagine both panels would be offering the same contract ie permanent etc.

Also I messaged them over a month ago just to see did my position move on the panel and they told me the following (see attachment). But Idon't understand why they'd say I'm 17th then yesterday .

Post edited by slick_rick88 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Red87

Hey everyone, I wanted to share an update with those on the Kildare County Council Panel. In February, I ranked 20th on the panel and was offered a permanent position just 2 days ago. They requested my reference details on the same day, and yesterday I received an email with documents to complete and a checklist of documents to provide. The checklist includes items such as my birth certificate, ID, and proof of qualifications listed on my application. They also provided details on where to schedule my medical examination. It's worth noting that the medical examination costs €170, and if a hearing test is required, it's an additional €230, which I have to pay upfront and then get reimbursed upon providing proof of receipt. I've scheduled the appointment for next week, as I'm waiting for proof of award from QQI. I hope this information is helpful to someone.

They got back to me this morning, please see attachment. Not sure if I'm chuffed, excited, nervous or all 3!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭furrybones

Congratulations! What wonderful news for a Friday :)

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Thanks…Yes indeed, got me into that Friday feeling😁!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭info13

Hi All

Got interview invitation letter for Clerical Officer role in Kildare county council. Not sure what to expect and bit stress about it honestly. Anyone did interview recently for this role and could give some advices please

That’s the list of areas I’ll be assessing

any advices will be truly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 36 berniegirl

hello in my interview I was asked about functions and reserved functions and a little about the electoral areas. I was asked what was the worries of the council and Asked what a corporate plan was. They asked about what the directorates there were.. what did I not know that the council did.. they helped me with the answers a Little and they were very pleasant. Look over their website but don’t go down a rabbit hole like I did.. look over their corporate plan and maybe look over a few minutes of the lastest council meeting. These will be published on the webpage. Mention their website and a couple of areas on it.
    best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SmallCat

Had an email about extra clearance. Sent it off. They also told me that I am going to DOJ. Does anyone know which sections that there are in the DOJ that they fill for?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dells35

Hi did you do your interview recently? Or did it take you long to get placement on the county council, have my interview next week

I was asked the following in my interview for the Kerry County Council:

They asked how did I hear from the vacancy

Had I done any interviews with the hse

What services does the council provide

How to handle a difficult customer

What experience do I have with computers

What duties are clerical officer

Explain my current job

What strengths do I have

What weaknesses do I have

What motivates me

What do the councillors do

How many are there

What does the CE do

Would I plan to do a future course

Why did I not finish a course in 2007

Why didn't I resit one failed module in a course I did in 2015 and another course module in a different course in 2020

Is there tension in work place as there's different sections

How much is annual budget, what expenses are there

What service did I not know about the council provide

Where did I get my information to prepare for the interview

Interviewed by 2 people is challenging but take a few deep breaths!

But they were nice people so I'm sure they gave me some lean way and understood at times I was nervous.

Best of luck info13 and everyone! You all will smash it!

Post edited by slick_rick88 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

You must have recorded it to remember all that.

Advertisement