Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Bar Design

Options
  • 15-04-2023 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,488 ✭✭✭✭

I would appreciate any recommendations people have for companies that design and install home bars. This will not be a small unit in the corner of a room, it would be a large counter area with seating for 6-8 people 3-4 taps, coolers, optics etc. the room is large (700ft2), currently unused and will also be a games room, so the bar isn’t a DIY job.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

If you're looking for a proper set up, you could go with a commercial shop/pub fitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,488 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Thank you, yes I figured that might be the way to go, do you know anyone?

I should have said, I’m not looking for the traditional dark oak bar, more a modern design with clean lines, no carvings or panelling in the wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Sorry, haven't dealt with them in years, and when we did it was usually through a contact in the wholesaler (this was before everything was online)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you go to a shop fitter, you'll likely get a very traditional scaled to fit. I would imagine it's too niche a market for a high end D&C company.

The modern stylish bars you see are not designed by professional designers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Homer

I would imagine many of the carpentry companies that are offering bespoke tv walls would be able to design something for you. We got a unit made by Ed Kenny carpentry and it was custom made. Worth asking a couple of that type of carpenter to price it up. Their instagram page will give you an idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,488 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Thanks Homer, I did speak to a couple of joinery companies but they weren’t that keen on making a bar as they weren’t familiar with the equipment that would be necessary. They wanted a bar designer to hand them drawings for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Homer

I know some kitchen companies also do it but usually as part of a bigger project unfortunately.. i would keep reaching out to carpenters on social media. I would imagine it would be a decent job for them.

Advertisement