Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old begger woman around 2002

• 15-04-2023 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭

Me and the wife lived in rathmines and worked in st stephens green around 2002 to 2005

Reciently we were chatting about the little old lady in her 60s that pulled a little basket on wheels behind her

She used to call into shops around grafton st, leeson st looking for unsold food mostly, would chat about her bad knee, and hand out crosses and other stuff she found in her travels

She would change the subject if you asked where she lived or if she had family

People called her Jo and Joanne

One day I saw her in the paper saying she was Joan and had a house in Rathgar, started begging beside bewleys when she was 16

I would love to know more about Joan, and if she is still around as we no longer live in dublin

Post edited by windowcills on

Advertisement