Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhole in middle of garden

Options
  • 15-04-2023 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭

Have this manhole in the middle of the back garden. Any ideas to make it less unsightly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

place a bird feeder on a pedestal on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

You could look at replacing it with a green plastic cover, so it blends in a bit better

+1 for bird feeder or maybe a bird bath to cover it

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...or maybe fake grass cover, with bird paraphernalia....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Build a flower bed around it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If you want to totally hide it without having an obstacle in the middle of the lawn you can replace the cover with one that is a deep tray. The tray is filled with soil and grows grass like the rest of the lawn. High cost probably about €250 for the cover plus a lot of labour to install it.

I did see a picture somewhere online of one with the grass pulled back exposing the concrete and the lit painted red with spots and legs painted on the concrete so it looked like a giant ladybird. Which makes me wonder if painting the cover green would help make it less obvious.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Easiest option is just clean it back with a wire brush on a drill. Give it a coat of green paint.

Advertisement