Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Cantor Fitzgrald 85% Bond

• 15-04-2023 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,

I was recommended by a FA to invest into a bond called Cantor Fitzgerald ESG 85% Progressive Protection Bond. It states the bond protects to a minmum repaymet of 89% of the highest NAV ever achieved. But it required a minimum invest of €25K.

I'm not very clear does this 85% protection means say if I invest €25k today, the max risk I will lose is 15% of my €25k?

Does anyone ever heard of this bond and any thoughts on it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,926 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Looked it up it's an open ended in investment this means you can stay in as long as you like. Not only is 85% of your original capital protected but there is continuous protection on the highest daily gain it makes.

Your protection climbs to match the highest market day for the fund it seems

Seems like a good long-term investment

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If your FA isn’t giving you a clear rationale for this choice, they’re not a great advisor.

What fees and charges apply?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Go over to the askaboutmoney.com site and read the several analysis posts on why these are not a great idea, unless you are selling them, that is.

Advertisement