Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portfolio Analyser

• 15-04-2023 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Couldn't find a thread on this so was wondering are there any recommendations on a good portfolio analyser app.

Looking for one that you enter your current portfolio of stocks, no. of stocks, average cost basis etc. and the app would analyse weightings based on the individual stocks, sectors, geography etc.

Basically what I want is to be able to view my portfolio to ensure diversification and to balance risk.

I have tried Yahoo Finance which is fine but stops short of the analysis I am looking for.

Any suggestions would be welcome preferably free or if not then subscription based. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭daheff

what analysis are you looking for specifically?

I think there is a lot of that functionality available in excel using the stock functionality (you would need to add some formulas/calculations yourself though).

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Layne

Simple enough analysis tbh. Things like stock weighting in portfolio, sector weighting to ensure diversification, track moving averages etc.

I looked at a few but struggled to find one free or subscription based to do all I needed. Plus most are US based so they struggle to recognise any stock that is not on the US stock market. Found one called My Stocks Portfolio, is basic but does the job for now.

MS Excel is probably the way to go so must look into it some more.

Advertisement