Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW 32 - Transfer Thread

Options
  • 15-04-2023 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭

2ft to field 11.

Chilwell & Rashford out for me - thinking TAA & either Eze or Almiron (if he's fit).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Almiron played 35 mins today alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I used my free hit earlier in the season so had been planning for this game week so ensure I'd 11 players.

My starting XI for it right now is:

Raya,

Trippier, Henry, Gabriel, Castagne

Saka, Bowen, Salah

Kane, Watkins, Toney

I've 1 free transfer had org planned Toney to Solanke as expected Toney would get a booking and it's part of a longer term move to free up funds to bring Haaland back into my side for game week 34. The way things are now though I'm thinking of just rolling the transfer and then I can do 2 in game week 33.

For me it has to be Eze, CP fixtures look great to the end of the season IMO. Newcastle on the other hand have some really tough ones, well next week vs Spurs and then vs Arsenal really. I'm a big fan of picking based on the fixtures in FPL and just prefer the CP run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gone for Mitoma to Eze with my free transfer to bring me up to potentially having 10 for BGW 32 but will very likely take a -4 to get rid of Chilwell as well. Will wait on the move taking a hit as the few I have done so far this season have not gone well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Many of us using Free Hit this week? Worth starting a separate thread for it, or just discuss here?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'll be free hitting this week. I think a few will.

Already have the button pressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

thinking Grealish/Mitoma out for Ramsey/Eze - going with the form players. That will get me 11 with a -4

Personally I'd just do Grealish to Eze and play with 10 but not take any -4.

Reason being I don't see Ramsey making up the -4 and even if he did I would want Mitoma back for the future double game weeks Brighton will have so I think it's likely you'd be taking another -4 to make that happen in a future game week so any player coming in for a one off game week now needs 8 to just break even. I'd maybe consider a -4 this game week if it was someone with a double game week in game week 34 but not for Mitoma who already has a double in game week 34.

Yeah you can check chip usage here: https://www.livefpl.net/chips Live FPL is one of the main sites I use. Based on that in the top 10k 28.43% have used free hit and 42.8% of teams overall.

Personally I'd expect 80% of managers with the chip still available to them to use it this game week 32 with the rest either saving it for game week 34 with all the doubles or inactive managers who won't use it before the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Raya

Trippier - Zinchenko - Mee

Martinelli - Saka - Billing - Salah - Reed

Toney - Isak

All playing, and Konate on the bench.

I think I have to get Watkins in. Toney out, Watkins in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Can afford Chilwell to TAA but have no GK (Kepa/Steele) so might take a -4 and just get Alison and Guehi/Mings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

On FH. Will be playing it relatively safe as I'm ahead in main league. I'll be keeping Kane and Saka, and won't gamble on Jesus. Below is what I'm on. I have a good feeling about Maddison, as a once off punt. I actually think he's been hugely unlucky not to haul recently, and their new manager bounce will probably kick in now, given their first match was against City! My decision is pretty much Toney (3-4-3) vs Madison (3-5-2).

Ramsdale

Robertson TAA Trippier

Saka Martinelli Salah Eze/Olise Maddison (or bench fodder, if I go with Toney)

Kane Watkins (or Toney as 3rd striker, if no Maddison)

If your playing it safe on FH, I would consider that going for in form players, and not taking too many punts. Saka's form is borderline punty at this stage. Given he missed the penalty and Jesus is back, will he still be on penalties? Jesus has 4 goals in 3 games. I can't see any good reason not to get him in on a FH.

Don't get the love for your defence, Arsenal are leaking goals as are liverpool and newcastle, Villa on the other hand are flying defensively and you don't have any of them? TAA/Robbo didn't even start the Chelsea game where they got a CS.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but i'm sure Toney could easily be Jesus, and even keep Saka if you really wanted to. I would bet that Jesus would outscore Kane FF points wise this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

So are we all jumping back on the Liverpool bandwagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

Trent looked so good in midfield I’m not sure that even counts as a bandwagon, but if it does I’m definitely thinking about it even if it likely means a -4!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Chilwell to TAA - simples

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Is Salah essential again?

The annoying thing now for FH people is that they don't have those players (Trent & Salah) permanently. The 3rd option is expendable.

Do you need to play the FH now? might there be another opportunity in the future - at some point Newcastle and Brighton will have a double as will City and Brighton, your unlikely to have 3 Brighton and 3 newcastle players atm- maybe 3 max. Unless you only have like 7 players then may need to weight up the benefit of actually playing it, as you say - if you don't have TAA/Salah, they are likely to be 0.2/0.3m more expensive by the time you can get them in

• Advertisement

Salah is Salah - he's always capable, and when Liverpool tick he usually ticks, though care needs to be taken and remember this is Leeds, a team that plays open football against everyone. I would like to think that Forrest will be a little more street wise, and think about their goal differences so won't be leaving gaps galore.

I have 5 Brighton & Newcastle players at the moment, with a very easy transfer to make it 6. It's actually in one of my DGW 34 plans!

I think it was 7 players I would have had for BGW 32, fitness permitting, before transfers. Not worth taking hits this week either when I have the FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Any suggestions on changes to make here on my FH.

Chasing a guy 24 ahead of me

0.6m in the bank

My initial thought is to take out Jesus, he doesn't return enough in FF for me. Get someone in with a dgw coming up.

Very unusual to see a team without Haaland. Best of luck on his dgw!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Jesus has 4 goals in last 3 games????

Not sure about Kane, Tripper or white. Newcastle and arsenal both leaking goals, so are you relying on them for their attacking threat?

likes if Jota be worth punt on FH team. Kane likely only to score one if that whereas pool could score well being at home.

would probably be starting Ramsey over Olise,

I would commit to one of Trippier or Kane anyways. If you are chasing, just go for it.

Son could be the best Spurs option if you want to side with Spurs over Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Hopefully you didn't take this advice 😕

Jesus scoring great and only back, and I bet he outscores halland, de bruyne, mitoma, rashford, combined this week,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

FH active and plenty of messing done already. Pure standard looking FH 32 team still. Midfield will change as want to get a 2nd Liverpool attacker.

As of now with 0.9 ITB:

Johnston

Trippier (can't go against him as everyone on non FH will own him and EO killer), TAA, Robbo

Salah, Saka, Martinelli, Bowen, Maddison

Watkins, Jesus

Inversen, Mings, Guehi, Greenwood.

Robbo, Saka and Bowen will change more than likely. A villa defender in Mings will fill one spot maybe. Saka could be a Liverpool attacker. Just knocked in players at the time to catch a few price rises early in week.

Advertisement