Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW 32 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Nice team. Following the template but some nice picks in Bowen and Maddison.

I have the same team except Bowen, Maddison for Eze and Kane (playing 3-4-3).

I could drop Kane to Toney and upgrade Eze to Maddison, but most likely won't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Maddisson passed the eye test last weekend v City and was dangerous. Surely he can click this weekend..... Bowen is pure punty and just a hunch of mine. Could all change. Love Gakpo/Jota beside them then over Saka. A bit differential then.

Selecting the right Palace player who will go off is a flip of a coin, and so difficult last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

I’d love a second Liverpool attacker but hard to call which 2 of Jota/Gakpo/Darwin will start. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

As of now, I'm with Gakpo. As it's Gakpo v Bobby where they play but Jota is up against Nunez down the flank. Jota has started every game also in last number of weeks since the international break in March, while Gakpo hasn't and was rotated v Chelsea. Gakpo also can get more potential points as a MF. You can spin the narrative whatever you want if it favours your pick! It's all if's and but's. I'm 90% sure I'm gonna take the punt on Gakpo as my 3rd option.

*I see Gakpo may rise tonight and Saka drop so I'll do the transfer now on FH to save the potential funds. And might get Saka back in then for 0.1 less if decide.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

*I see Gakpo may rise tonight and Saka drop so I'll do the transfer now on FH to save the potential funds. And might get Saka back in then for 0.1 less if decide.

If Saka drops in price, you're getting him back at 0.1 less regardless.

You don't get to decide, your FH team reverts to what it was during last GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I kinda read it as he'll have saka in FH team, but at a cheaper price as he'll have sold him and then bought him back cheaper.

I read it as he is bringing in Gakpo for Saka, team will then revert with Saka in it and 0.1 loss.

There are no FTs when on a FH, so team after FH will revert to team he had during last GW.

Sorry, FH is active since the weekend. I'm chopping and changing so will have more ITB on my FH team if the above rise and drop happens.

If Saka drops, you will lose 0.1 when team reverts.

You're not getting him back cheaper, you're getting him back with your TV -0.1.

Any change to your bank balance whilst the Free Hit chip was active will be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Thoughts on this for the Free Hit?

Martinez

Trent White Castagne

Salah Martinelli Son Eze

Jesus Jota Watkins

Subs: Iversen, Billings, Trippier, Guehi

• Advertisement

I don't own Saka on my non FH team / GW31 team. I got him in on my FH team at weekend. I have now got rid of him on my FH team. I can then buy him back for 0.1 cheaper on my FH team if he drops. Money is tight on my FH so I'll take every 0.1 this GW as may need it come deadline. I bought him for 8.6 at weekend, he may be 8.5 tomorrow or Friday. So if I want him, he will be 0.1 less for getting him on my FH team.

I probably had you going 'WTF is this lad on about' 😂

Fair enough, thought Saka was part of your team originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

At the moment, I would think that Gakpo has the most xMins of Jota/Nunez/Diaz/Gakpo/Bobby. Salah is Salah. Bobby is the lowest, by far.

Gakpo really is being groomed for that false 9 role, to replace Bobby long term, and has settled now after a difficult start just after arriving into a broken team. Because he has settled somewhat now, I think he is a safe pick. He has started 5 of the last 6 now, the 1 game he didn't start was when there was mass rotation in the middle of having Man City, Chelsea & Arsenal games within a week. The 'main players' all started 2 of those 3, including him.

But, Jota probably has a higher ceiling than Gakpo. He is capable of a goal from nothing, even when not involved in the game. I honestly don't know who will start from Jota/Nunez. It's hard to drop Jota after a brace, but Nunez scored from the bench and hasn't started in a few games. Is Nunez due a start? Jota has started 4 in a row. I don't think Diaz is ready to start yet. He got around 15 mins on Monday so the natural thing would be to go to 25-30 mins next time out after the long injury break.

It's weird, Gakpo is probably a safer, boring pick whereas Jota is more punty and exciting. I think Gakpo is capable of getting assist points too so I might side towards him.

Based on this new Liverpool formation, I would nearly avoid Robbo, personally, especially if getting Trent in. He is sitting deeper a lot more. Are set pieces worth 2.0 more than Konate if they are playing as 3 CBs? I think an extra forward is a better use of funds IMO. Less riskier too.

I was half looking at Martinez in goals, he could pull in these random out of nowhere scores (2 x 10pt's, 11 & 9 pointer this season) And on FH you like a punt.

Nice picks but I'm more for an Arsenal attacker over a defender. And a Villa defender also something to think about. You could gain serious ground with Son, Castagne & Jota if they hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Cheers for the reply, yeah I was leaning towards Gakpo myself and think I’ll go for him.

Seems a kind of dull enough FH week. Feel like every team will have 6 Arsenal and Liverpool and everyone will have Watkins. Most will probably have Trippier and Kane and then some Palace.

Maybe it’s like this every year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

No GK this GW and potential issues ahead as have Kepa and Steele so was going to take a -4. 3 options really

• Steele to Iversen
    • Kepa to Leno/Neto
    • Do nothing until have more ITB for a better replacement?

Getting rid of Chelsea defence long term is no bad idea IMO. Lampard will have them continue to leak goals.

If we knew that Nunez was starting, would people on FH pick him (over Gakpo/Jota/Robbo)?

I have no stats to back this up, but Nunez and TAA seem to play quite well when they play together, bit like Grealish and Haaland, it's just a pity that Nunez doesn't seem to start the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

I wonder if Zinchenko > White is worth a -4 this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Changed my mind a bit on this. Rival has WC so not point focusing on his team too much.

Newcastle are solid at home so Kane can go. Jesus too hard to ignore.

My big 50/50 call is between Maddison and Toney, and also to a lesser extent Gakpo. I'm just gonna go with my gut and play Maddison...I think.

Johnstone

TAA - Robertson - Trippier

Salah (c) - Saka - Martinelli - Eze - Maddison

Watkins - Jesus

Oleksandr Zinchenko, Arteta is "not certain" when he will return and said: "It's a muscular injury that needs some time to heal and we're not there yet."

Make of that what you will.

I'm as of now with Maddison and Gakpo. I like the potential explosive nature of Maddison if he can replicate the chances he had the last GW.

Current FH team, draft #5358478 which leaves me with 3.8 ITB so more moves very very likely.

Johnstone

TAA - Trippier - White

Salah - Gakpo - Maddison - Bowen - Martinelli

Jesus - Watkins

Iversen - Mings - Guehi - Greenwood

*exact funds for Watkins to Kane and downgrade Guehi to Tarkowski.

Firmino is injured for a couple weeks so that increases the xMins for the other Liverpool forwards, especially Gakpo.

I had wanted some sort of inclination from Klopp of which forwards would start (I would rather have Nunez over Gakpo/Solanke for example) but he has said this - "The ticket into this team will definitely be counter-pressing. If you did it in the game you play, you have a good chance to start again."

This would lead me to believe that Gakpo is nailed, but that Jota will also start. Maybe I could go Jota over Gakpo/Solanke and have a Palace MID on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Totally over thinking this week's team!

Is the gamble on Son ridiculous?

If you are gambling on Son, as you think he will score/contribute towards goals, then why start Trippier?

Or do you think it will be a high scoring game with Trippier grabbing an assist while conceding?

The punt on Son itself is fine, he has hit form while Spurs have been poor, but IMO commit to the result while on FH. Go all in on him, rather than hedging bets with Trippier. If Spurs score, and Son is involved, you'll 'win' twice as everyone on FH will have Trippier and can't get CS points. Your replacement can.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Have 10 starters but need a new keeper for 11. Have Kepa & Steele as my two GKs currently. Have 1FT and 0.0m ITB. Looking at swiching Kepa for Johnstone. Is Johnstone a good buy for the long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Not worth the risk imo, Guaita due back next weekend so light only get 2 games out of him. I was the same and went with Neto, has a nice run in

• Advertisement

Villa are flying atm, if i was on FH i would be looking at Ramsey the lad has return in 4/5 games in a row now, yet has a low EO. I didn't see Leicester's last game, so no idea how Maddison played, but Villa nd Ramsey have form, Maddison and Leicester don't.

Advertisement