Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin - Waterford

• 16-04-2023 6:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello!

Anyone know why there's no direct trains between Dublin and Waterford on Saturday 29 April?

It doesn't say bus transfers or sold out.

The trains are just not there to be booked for that day.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

There's engineering works on that Saturday,it'll be bus transfer to Athy and train from Athy to Waterford. Looks like they haven't loaded it into the booking engine yet, probably be done next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Interestingly enough it's not mentioned on their "Upcoming Line Improvement Works" page either

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alan_12355

I asked Irish Rail.

They said they don't know why the trains are not available for booking that day.

They will investigate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It's definitely engineering works that weekend,bus to Athy and train from Athy to Waterford,it's in the weekly circular that just came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,034 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There are tickets on sale for that date now on the Irish Rail website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Was on this route yesterday (lunchtime) as far as Kilkenny. Train was jammed. My seat booking hadn’t transferred to the display over the seat and all seats seemed booked so I had to sit somewhere else. No one claimed the seat I was in. Literally every seat on train was occupied.

is this typical?

Post edited by Murph_D on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭minibear

I've used this service for a couple of years now, midweek return Waterford to Dublin. I always book seats a few days before but sometimes the display isn't working. It's frustrating for people who have to move when the person who booked turns up for their seat. The Waterford to Dublin leg is usually OK, with some empty seats at the start of the journey.

The return trip is always full. I've never seen an empty seat. Apart from the time we got on the Portlaoise train but that's another story.. 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Do you think we'll ever get an early morning weekday train from Dublin to Waterford - i.e. one that arrives in Plunkett before 9.00am?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭OisinCooke

I would presume that once hourly services are introduced (projected for 2027 apparently) we’ll get a pre-09:00 arrival from Dublin into all of the core intercity destinations: Waterford, Cork, Galway, Belfast and Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Ireland trains

There already is on all routes bar Waterford. They’ll probably move the 07:20 earlier and extend the 08:26 Carlow service to Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,034 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I’d imagine so, but probably not until after the next rolling stock cascade happens following the introduction of DART rolling stock and sufficient drivers being available too.

Advertisement